Velocity Reviews

-   -   C extension module causes bus error on Python exit (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t398724-c-extension-module-causes-bus-error-on-python-exit.html)

Anand Patil 01-30-2007 06:55 PM

C extension module causes bus error on Python exit

Hi all,

I was referred to this list from python-help. I've written an extension
module in C which contains several new types. The types can be
instantiated, used, and deleted under Python 2.4.3 on OS X 10.4 without
problems.

However, whenever I import the module Python tries to dereference a NULL
pointer and crashes *at exit*, whether or not I've instantiated any of
the types. I've searched for memory leaks with gc.get_objects and Mac
OS's MallocDebug utility, but haven't found any evidence.

Has anyone run into a problem like this? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Anand Patil