Velocity Reviews

-   -   How do I build python with debug info? (and python module load questions) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t398595-how-do-i-build-python-with-debug-info-and-python-module-load-questions.html)

sndive@gmail.com 01-26-2007 02:30 AM

How do I build python with debug info? (and python module load questions)

I want to step into PyImport_ImportModule("my_foo") that's failing
despite the my_foo.py
being in the current directory. (PyRun_SimpleFileEx works on the exact
same file).
How would I run configure to build libpython with -g?

I wonder if I should just keep using PyRun_SimpleFileEx.

I want to be able to call arbitrary functions in the imported
file/module
using PyRun_SimpleString("import my_foo\nmy_foo.bar(whatever)")
after the file is loaded.

There is no '' in sys.path, I assume that should not affect
PyImport_ImportModule
to look in the current directory first. Does it?

Thank you!