Velocity Reviews

-   -   I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t398262-i-wrote-a-c-code-generator-in-python-would-anyone-please-help-me-to-review-the-code.html)

Kevin Wan 01-16-2007 06:47 AM

I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :)

fgen is a free command line tool that facilitates cross platform c++
development, including header generation, cpp file generation, makefile
generation, unit test framework generation, etc.

http://sf.net/projects/fgen

I'm not very familiar with Python. Any feedback are appreciated! Or
anyone like to develop it with me?

Thanks.

Vineeth Kashyap 01-16-2007 10:32 AM

Re: I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :)

Hi,
I am interested in your proposal. I am basically a C/C++ programmer,
but recently fell in love with python. Please send more details on
fgen. We could probably start working. :)

mensanator@aol.com 01-16-2007 11:47 PM

Kevin Wan wrote:
> fgen is a free command line tool that facilitates cross platform c++
> development, including header generation, cpp file generation, makefile
> generation, unit test framework generation, etc.
>
> http://sf.net/projects/fgen
>
> I'm not very familiar with Python. Any feedback are appreciated!

No documentation?

Am I supposed to reverse engineer all the source files to figure out
how I'm
supposed to use it?

Kevin Wan 01-17-2007 02:53 AM

Re: I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :)

I'm writing the document for fgen. You can use SVN to access the most
updated files.

Basically you can use fgen --help to get the usage.

It's my c++ development tool, and I didn't spend that much time on
writing document. Sorry. But I'm writing now.

Thanks and waiting to work with you guys,
Kevin

Kevin Wan 01-17-2007 02:54 AM

Re: I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :)

Sorry, I didn't write that much document.

But you can use fgen --help to get the usage.

I'm writing document now. :)

Thanks,
Kevin

Kevin Wan 01-17-2007 09:33 AM

Re: I wrote a C++ code generator in Python, would anyone please help me to review the code? :)

I've added a document for fgen.

Please check it.

Thanks,
Kevin