Velocity Reviews

-   -   ANN: PyVISA 1.1 -- GPIB, USB, RS232 instrument control (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t396641-ann-pyvisa-1-1-gpib-usb-rs232-instrument-control.html)

Torsten Bronger 11-22-2006 06:45 AM

ANN: PyVISA 1.1 -- GPIB, USB, RS232 instrument control

Hallöchen!

At http://pyvisa.sourceforge.net you can find information about the
PyVISA package. It realises Python bindings for the VISA library
functions, which enables you to control GPIB, USB, and RS232-serial
measurement devices via Python.

Yesterday I released version 1.1, which works much better together
with older VISA implementations. Moreover, we finally have reports
from Linux users. They successfully used PyVISA with Linux +
NI/Tektronix GPIB hardware.

Tschö,
Torsten.

F'up to comp.lang.python