Velocity Reviews

-   -   Forcing native 802.1x supplicant to re-auth??! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t3957-forcing-native-802-1x-supplicant-to-re-auth.html)

Tony 07-02-2004 02:07 PM

Forcing native 802.1x supplicant to re-auth??!

Is there a means to force the native W2K/XP 802.1.x supplicant to initiate a
re-authentication by sending an EAPOL-Start? Maybe netsh? WMI script?
Win32 API?

At this time, we can only get the supplicants to re-auth by
disabling/enabling the NIC (doesn't always work as some NICs don't drop link
on disable) or un-plugging the NIC. The later always works as the switch
will initiate a new authentication session by sending an
EAP-Request/Identity.

We like to find a means to force the client to initiate the re-auth. Any
ideas?

--
Tony (un-monitored email reply via post)

Pavel A. 07-03-2004 01:40 AM

Re: Forcing native 802.1x supplicant to re-auth??!

Will it re-auth when the connection drops and then resumes?
for example, if you turn the AP off and on?
--PA

Tony 07-07-2004 02:36 AM

Re: Forcing native 802.1x supplicant to re-auth??!

Probably, but I want to find a means to automate client re-auth initiated by
the client.

Pavel A. 07-07-2004 11:35 PM

Re: Forcing native 802.1x supplicant to re-auth??!

So, you can cause it to disassociate; then WZC will re-associate it and re-auth.
Or you can disable/enable the NIC with same result.

--PA