Velocity Reviews

-   -   Package to handle table text render (handle space or tab betweenthe columns) ? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394959-package-to-handle-table-text-render-handle-space-or-tab-betweenthe-columns.html)

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?KLEIN_St=E9phane?= 10-06-2006 07:50 AM

Package to handle table text render (handle space or tab betweenthe columns) ?

Hi,

I would like print tabular values on terminal (stdout). Are there
package to handle table text render ?

Thanks for your help,
Stephane

hanumizzle 10-06-2006 08:03 AM

Re: Package to handle table text render (handle space or tab betweenthe columns) ?

On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane@harobed.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like print tabular values on terminal (stdout). Are there
> package to handle table text render ?

Have a look at:

-- Theerasak

=?ISO-8859-1?Q?KLEIN_St=E9phane?= 10-06-2006 08:28 AM

hanumizzle a écrit :
> On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane@harobed.org> wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I would like print tabular values on terminal (stdout). Are there
>> package to handle table text render ?

> Have a look at:
>
> http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/267662

Thanks, this package is very useful ! But I'm suprised than this package
isn't in python standard library !

Regards,
Stephane

hanumizzle 10-06-2006 08:46 AM

Re: Package to handle table text render (handle space or tab betweenthe columns) ?

On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane@harobed.org> wrote:
> hanumizzle a écrit :
> > On 10/6/06, KLEIN Stéphane <stephane@harobed.org> wrote:
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> I would like print tabular values on terminal (stdout). Are there
> >> package to handle table text render ?

> > Have a look at:
> >
> > http://aspn.activestate.com/ASPN/Coo.../Recipe/267662

> Thanks, this package is very useful ! But I'm suprised than this package
> isn't in python standard library !

The occurence of such a problem is relatively rare I would imagine.
Rendering anything formatted to a character cell terminal is
inherently limited, which is why I like lynx: it eliminates all the
dumb formatting crap that people put on their websites, and even
collapses multiple columns into a single stream of pages. Yay!

See also reStructuredText for rendering plain text input to HTML and
other formats (includes tables), sil vous plait.

-- Theerasak