Velocity Reviews

-   -   Enhance security in big cisco switched network (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t39458-enhance-security-in-big-cisco-switched-network.html)

grzybek 05-30-2005 08:55 AM

Enhance security in big cisco switched network

Hi,
What is your experience with enhance
security in a big network in physically
issue.

I mean to protect network from undesirable
laptops or user's computers from home etc.

I consider apply something like 802.1x or
VMPS.
I have DHCP as well in each VLAN.

There is many disadvantage in each proposal
and I don't know what will be the best solution.

{ example:
in VMPS very, very big list of MAC addresses,
similar problem to block MACs in DHCP )
in 802.1x - someone can write his password
in his laptop ( in MD-chalange ver. )
}

Has anyone implemented something like that
in your netowrk ?

Any suggestions ?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,