Velocity Reviews

-   -   dvdr disk problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394428-dvdr-disk-problem.html)

M.Balarama 02-24-2007 03:26 PM

dvdr disk problem

on my VCR copy to DVD machine-I cannot put a DVD in without it saying disk
problem- I have tried 8x instead of 16x, have cleaned it, pulled the plug
for a few minutes...no mater what I do I cannot get the DVD -R to be ok...

any ideas

thanks
Michael

def456 02-24-2007 05:55 PM

Re: dvdr disk problem

"M.Balarama" <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
news:mOYDh.494$P47.487@newssvr22.news.prodigy.net. ..
> on my VCR copy to DVD machine-I cannot put a DVD in without it saying disk
> problem- I have tried 8x instead of 16x, have cleaned it, pulled the plug
> for a few minutes...no mater what I do I cannot get the DVD -R to be ok...
>
> any ideas

If the VHS tape is copy protected that might cause the machine to balk, so
try to copy a tape you know for sure isn't protected. Or it could be an
incompatibility with the brand and type of DVD discs. If you're using DVD-R,
try DVD+R. Also try a different brand, for example Verbatim is usually
recommended.

AZ Nomad 02-25-2007 05:00 AM

Re: dvdr disk problem

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:26:05 -0600, M.Balarama <mbalar@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>on my VCR copy to DVD machine-I cannot put a DVD in without it saying disk
>problem- I have tried 8x instead of 16x, have cleaned it, pulled the plug
>for a few minutes...no mater what I do I cannot get the DVD -R to be ok...

Is it only one tape? Can you copy tapes you've previously copied?

Believe it or not, you may have a dying recorder.

M.Balarama 02-25-2007 08:03 PM

Re: dvdr disk problem

Thanks everyone--you ideas figured it out--My amchine just taked dvd+r -got
the right dvd and I am now worriied about growing a nice front lawn..
thanks again for all you ideas.
Michael