Velocity Reviews

-   -   DVD Pricing?? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394427-dvd-pricing.html)

(PeteCresswell) 02-24-2007 02:43 PM

DVD Pricing??

The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover (1990).

Seemingly incongruous prices on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ywraoa

$85 to $400+

What am I missing? Some sort of collector's situation?
--
PeteCresswell

Richard C. 02-24-2007 04:37 PM

Re: DVD Pricing??

The prices for completed auctions seem to be between
$60 and $100.
It is OOP!

===================

kaboom 02-24-2007 11:28 PM

Re: DVD Pricing??

On Sat, 24 Feb 2007 09:43:25 -0500, "(PeteCresswell)" <x@y.Invalid>
wrote:

>The Cook, the Thief, His Wife and Her Lover (1990).
>
>Seemingly incongruous prices on Amazon: http://tinyurl.com/ywraoa
>
>$85 to $400+
>
>What am I missing? Some sort of collector's situation?

**Probably. I'd go buy it from Amazon UK, I think it's about 4.97 and
they subtract VAT from that. For the prices that the disc is going
for, you could buy a Philips 5140 DVD player, the disc, pay shipping
and still have moula left for a nice dinner. :)

kaboomie

(PeteCresswell) 02-25-2007 03:05 AM

Re: DVD Pricing??

Per kaboom:
>**Probably. I'd go buy it from Amazon UK, I think it's about 4.97 and

I wasn't planning on buying it - just wondering about the strangely-inflated
prices.
--
PeteCresswell