Velocity Reviews

-   -   Torrent file with wrong file extension (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394419-torrent-file-with-wrong-file-extension.html)

Marc 02-22-2007 03:56 PM

Torrent file with wrong file extension

Hi,

I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
says .torrent file.

I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
clip.
But the clip should be .avi.

Hope that you can help me!

Cheers
Marc

Stuart 02-22-2007 11:09 PM

Re: Torrent file with wrong file extension

"Marc" <marcbruun@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1172159805.954294.230840@v33g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
> I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
> how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
> then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
> says .torrent file.
>
> I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
> clip.
> But the clip should be .avi.
>
> Hope that you can help me!
>
> Cheers
> Marc

Just change the suffix to .avi
ie rename it

Marc 02-24-2007 09:34 PM

On 23 Feb., 00:09, "Stuart" <stuart€@whodunnit8.com> wrote:
> "Marc" <marcbr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1172159805.954294.230840@v33g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
>

> > Hi,

> > I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
> > I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
> > how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
> > then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
> > says .torrent file.

> > I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
> > clip.
> > But the clip should be .avi.

> > Hope that you can help me!

> > Cheers
> > Marc

> Just change the suffix to .avi
> ie rename it- Skjul tekst i anførselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anførselstegn -

I have tried, with the rename function but the file is still a torrent
file if i look at its properties.
I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.
Hope you can help me?

Cheers

Stuart 02-25-2007 04:07 AM

news:1172352882.599401.255090@a75g2000cwd.googlegr oups.com...
On 23 Feb., 00:09, "Stuart" <stuart?@whodunnit8.com> wrote:
> "Marc" <marcbr...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>
> news:1172159805.954294.230840@v33g2000cwv.googlegr oups.com...
>

> > Hi,

> > I have downloaded a movie clip but it has the extension .torrent file.
> > I can play it with WMP and VLC and it looks fine but
> > how do I change the extension. If I "attached" VLC to it,
> > then it opens in VLC when double clicked but in the file properties it
> > says .torrent file.

> > I used uTorrent to find the real torrent file and downloaded the movie
> > clip.
> > But the clip should be .avi.

> > Hope that you can help me!

> > Cheers
> > Marc

> Just change the suffix to .avi
> ie rename it- Skjul tekst i anfrselstegn -
>
> - Vis tekst i anfrselstegn -

I have tried, with the rename function but the file is still a torrent
file if i look at its properties.
I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.
Hope you can help me?

Cheers

""I dont why has that association as if the file have not been
downloaded fully (finalised) but I can play it fine.""

That is excatly the problem! When the file is significantly downloaded you
can play it with programs like VLC etc. But you really have to download the
entire file and let uTorrents or whatever torrents program you are using to
finish off the process - it will then rename the file to avi and it will be
correct. Try to download the entire file and don't be impatient to play it
until the whole process is complete and final!!!
Good luck!