Velocity Reviews

-   -   please HELP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394405-please-help.html)

k a morris 02-19-2007 01:37 PM

please HELP

I WAS COPYING ONE OF MY DVD AND WHEN IT WAS TIME TO PUT IN A NEW DVD-R TO
RECORD TO THE PROGRAM SAID THERE WAS NOT A DVD IN RECORDER

I TRY ANOTHER BRAND OF DVD-R AND IT STILL SAID NO DVD WAS IN THE RECORDER
CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SUGGEST SOMETHING

THIS HAS HAPPEN A TIME OR TWO IN THE PAST

def456 02-19-2007 07:29 PM

Re: please HELP

"k a morris" <kamorri@attglobal.net> wrote in message
>I WAS COPYING ONE OF MY DVD AND WHEN IT WAS TIME TO PUT IN A NEW DVD-R TO
>RECORD TO THE PROGRAM SAID THERE WAS NOT A DVD IN RECORDER
>
> I TRY ANOTHER BRAND OF DVD-R AND IT STILL SAID NO DVD WAS IN THE RECORDER
> CAN ANYONE HELP ME OR SUGGEST SOMETHING
>
> THIS HAS HAPPEN A TIME OR TWO IN THE PAST

You might get a better response without ALL CAPS. Some people find that
insulting. I don't, but some people don't like it.

As for your question...

At a minimum you need to tell your DVD recorder/player brand and model#, and
the brand and type of DVD discs you are using. I'm not an expert,
practically a newbie, but somebody might be able to respond if they have
that info.

I'll just mention that I had my CD-RW drive go bad about a year ago, so I
had to replace it. That's the kind of symptom you might get. I replaced it
with a new DVD-RW drive which works fine. So that's one possibility.

Another possibility is that your DVD drive is dirty and needs to be cleaned.
I'm not sure how is best, but at least you could blow it out with a can of
air.

Another possibility is the software involved has gone corrupt. In that case
reinstall it.