Velocity Reviews

-   -   merge DVD-10 to DVD-5 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394380-merge-dvd-10-to-dvd-5-a.html)

Gile 02-12-2007 01:38 PM

merge DVD-10 to DVD-5

Hi! I'm looking for a way to backup a "flipper" DVD-10 (two-sided one layer
disc) to a normal DVD-5 (one sided one layer). The problem is that I would
like to keep the menues, possibly merge them, and I would like a continous
play of the main feature (automatic transition from former "A side" to "B
side"). Is this doable with, say, DVDReMakePro? If so, how?
Thanks!

no.body@no.gov 02-15-2007 02:00 AM

Re: merge DVD-10 to DVD-5

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 14:38:14 +0100, "Gile" <lgojcetaNO-SPAM@ffzg.hr> wrote:

>Hi! I'm looking for a way to backup a "flipper" DVD-10 (two-sided one layer
>disc) to a normal DVD-5 (one sided one layer).

<snip>
DVDshrink

Bill's News 02-15-2007 04:38 PM

Re: merge DVD-10 to DVD-5

"Gile" <lgojcetaNO-SPAM@ffzg.hr> wrote in message
> Hi! I'm looking for a way to backup a "flipper" DVD-10
> (two-sided one layer disc) to a normal DVD-5 (one sided one
> layer). The problem is that I would like to keep the menues,
> possibly merge them, and I would like a continous play of the
> main feature (automatic transition from former "A side" to "B
> side"). Is this doable with, say, DVDReMakePro? If so, how?
> Thanks!

DvdReMake comes close. What it will do is create a super-menu
allowing a choice between the two original menus, now both on
the same side of the DVD. I am not sure, however, that it has
an option, in this mode, of continuous play from the side A
feature to the side B feature (I suppose one would wonder: why
have menu B in such a case?) But, if it does not have this
option, all is not lost - it also enables you to modify VM
commands.

Sounds like a fun project, the result of which would be
interesting to hear about.

One would think that, by now, any of the contemporary approaches
to DVD players would have created a built in system of resolving
more than one VIDEO_TS folder on a DVD. Perhaps with a numeric
postfix, or possibly more simply by handling additional folders
within the VIDEO-TS folder. It's not like these players need
concern themselves with an antiquated standard they've already
circumvented when offering AVI, MP3, MPEGISO, etc., eh?

Gile 02-16-2007 09:46 PM

Re: merge DVD-10 to DVD-5

Thanks for your reply.
I have started playing with DVDReMake Pro, but I am not quite familiar with
all the VM commands and editing of those...guess I'll just have too start
exploring.