Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Twin Peaks - Season 2, wait until October (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394301-re-twin-peaks-season-2-wait-until-october.html)

The Man With No Name 01-27-2007 09:43 AM

Re: Twin Peaks - Season 2, wait until October

> "XaaVe" <XaaVe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:0Y2dndVPbKyGZyvYnZ2dnUVZ8seinZ2d@giganews.com ...
>> Are we finally going to get season 2 released ?(it has had a number of
>> previous release dates, including Nov last year), anyway it is up for
>> pre-order - it is being released in 2 parts, both due out on the 12/4/07.
>>

>> Part 1 :- http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/788176
>>

>> Part 2 :- http://www.ezydvd.com.au/item.zml/791931

It is being released (Part 1 is already available from Germany) *but*
firstly, the whole season is available in 1 box from America ($50
Australian, from DVDPacific) and, secondly, a complete box-set is being
released in several countries (already listed in Amazon.de and said to be
released in America) in October, with additional extras and a remastered
pilot (Lynch has already talked about the remastered pilot in interviews
(for those who didn't know, the pilot on the PAL Season 1 set is basically
just a step above VHS quality; nothing near the quality of the remastered
episodes.)

So, even if you don't want to wait and see if the October release is worth
getting, I recommend getting the Twin Peaks Season 2 from America ($50
being, to my arithmatic-challenged Aussie-consumer mind, slightly less than
$140)

Matthew Kirkcaldie 01-27-2007 11:06 PM

Re: Twin Peaks - Season 2, wait until October

In article <45bb1eb8$0$23346$afc38c87@news.optusnet.com.au> ,
"The Man With No Name" <antispam@spam.com> wrote:

> > "XaaVe" <XaaVe@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > news:0Y2dndVPbKyGZyvYnZ2dnUVZ8seinZ2d@giganews.com ...
> >> Are we finally going to get season 2 released ?(it has had a number of
> >> previous release dates, including Nov last year), anyway it is up for
> >> pre-order - it is being released in 2 parts, both due out on the 12/4/07.

> It is being released (Part 1 is already available from Germany)

Seems amazing, but I see it's on the amazon.de site. Are there any
reviews around?

> *but*
> firstly, the whole season is available in 1 box from America ($50
> Australian, from DVDPacific)

If you check the DVDPacific site you'll find it is a pre-order for an
April 10th release, not an available disc. Seems like much better value
in R1, although being shot on film I would guess the PAL transfer will
be marginally better quality.

> and, secondly, a complete box-set is being
> released in several countries (already listed in Amazon.de and said to be
> released in America) in October, with additional extras and a remastered
> pilot (Lynch has already talked about the remastered pilot in interviews
> (for those who didn't know, the pilot on the PAL Season 1 set is basically
> just a step above VHS quality; nothing near the quality of the remastered
> episodes.)

Sorry, I have to disagree. The quality of the pilot on the R4 box is
fine. It's marginally lesser than the episodes but it is far better than
VHS.

Also from bitter experience the likelihood of future, wonderful releases
in the Twin Peaks franchise has usually evaporated - I seem to remember
this Season 2 release was originally announced for 2004, wasn't it? I
wouldn't hold my breath. Ditto the expanded release of Fire, Walk With
Me.

Cheers, MK.