Velocity Reviews

-   -   blockbuster total access turn around time (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394184-blockbuster-total-access-turn-around-time.html)

peter 01-06-2007 05:59 PM

blockbuster total access turn around time

Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
shows them as checked out.

When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store, or
at their warehouse?

I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a box
for lower shipping charge.

GREG NIEMI 01-06-2007 06:11 PM

Re: blockbuster total access turn around time

It happened to me also, go to your account and report the problem of
returning to store and having them not removing from list.

Anthony Marsh 01-06-2007 07:27 PM

peter wrote:
> Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
> returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
> shows them as checked out.
>
> When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store, or
> at their warehouse?

3 days after they get back to the warehouse. They have to export their
bookkeeping to Nepal sweatshops to avoid hiring Americans. This is the
same scam Netflix used.

Neck & Red 01-07-2007 08:02 PM

Re: blockbuster total access turn around time

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
> Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
> returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
> shows them as checked out.
>
> When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store,
> or at their warehouse?
>
> I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a
> box for lower shipping charge.

It's instant for me, because I report them as returned myself.

dgates 01-10-2007 05:58 AM

Re: blockbuster total access turn around time

On Sun, 07 Jan 2007 20:02:29 GMT, "Neck & Red" <neckred@nospam.com>
wrote:

>"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message
>> Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
>> returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
>> shows them as checked out.
>>
>> When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store,
>> or at their warehouse?
>>
>> I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a
>> box for lower shipping charge.

>It's instant for me, because I report them as returned myself.

Do you mean that any morning you drive to Blockbuster and drop last
night's DVD through their night drop slot, you then get to a computer
and tell their website that you just returned the DVD? And it
believes you? And then immediately sends out your next DVD, even
before some store employee has checked in the old DVD?

John Briggs 01-10-2007 07:02 AM

Re: blockbuster total access turn around time

"peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote:

>Recently I signed up for blockbuster total access. Yesterday afternoon I
>returned 3 DVDs to the store. Now, a day later, the online status still
>shows them as checked out.
>
>When/where are the returned DVD scanned and marked as returned? In-store, or
>at their warehouse?
>
>I assume the store collects a bunch of DVDs and then ship them back in a box
>for lower shipping charge.

Somewhere on the BB website they say that DVDs returned to stores are
immediately recorded as returned, triggering dispatch of another DVD, when
they are scanned in. They also say that the DVD does not clear from your
queue until it gets back to them so you may see more than your plan number
of DVDs as shipped until returns actually arrive back with them. I can
confirm that several times this has been the case for me, i.e., my queue
shows more than three DVDs as shipped even though I am on the three
at-a-time plan. Also, you may get an e-mail advising you that another DVD
(or more) has shipped even though your queue page shows supposedly
unreturned DVDs.

Their software needs some work but I do believe they count DVDs as returned
when they are scanned at your local BB.

--

John Briggs (jeb@bbz.not-this.net Phoenix, Arizona, USA)

Steve Harclerode 01-11-2007 07:21 AM

"John Briggs" <jeb@bbz.not-this.net> wrote in message
> Somewhere on the BB website they say that DVDs returned to stores are
> immediately recorded as returned, triggering dispatch of another DVD, when
> they are scanned in. They also say that the DVD does not clear from your
> queue until it gets back to them so you may see more than your plan number
> of DVDs as shipped until returns actually arrive back with them. I can
> confirm that several times this has been the case for me, i.e., my queue
> shows more than three DVDs as shipped even though I am on the three
> at-a-time plan. Also, you may get an e-mail advising you that another DVD
> (or more) has shipped even though your queue page shows supposedly
> unreturned DVDs.
>
> Their software needs some work but I do believe they count DVDs as
> returned
> when they are scanned at your local BB.

My experience is quite different, so far I have only had 2 movies sent to me
before the returned ones cleared the queue. I have returned about 20 DVD's
with mailers to my local BB store. It's possible that it's a software issue
related to some stores and not to others, if so it sounds like you're one of
the lucky ones.
:-)

To be clear about where I stand with BB, even with all of the things I
mention above, they still turn out to be a better deal for me than
Greencine.com or netflix.com. I used to use Greencine because of their wide
selection of independent and foreign movies, but I can only watch so many
per week anyway.

- Steve

Guy Incognito 01-11-2007 09:25 PM

Re: blockbuster total access turn around time

When the envelope is scanned at a store, all it is doing is allowing
another title in your queue to be shipped sooner than if you out it in
the mail. Until the DVD gets back to the distribution center, it will
still be checked out to you; as the employee who scanned the envelope
doesn't know what is inside.

Guy Incognito