Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   DVD Video (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f40-dvd-video.html)
-   -   Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t394141-wheres-the-wild-wild-west-season-two.html)

Kishin 12-31-2006 03:03 PM

Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
Season one came out last June. I was hoping six months later number two
would show up, but so far it hasn't. Has anyone heard anything about it
being released?

TIA!

Kishin

Derek Janssen 12-31-2006 06:32 PM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
Kishin wrote:

> Season one came out last June. I was hoping six months later number two
> would show up, but so far it hasn't. Has anyone heard anything about it
> being released?


Newbie Syndrome^1 lives!--The best publicity new announcements ever got:

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6696

Derek Janssen
ejanss@comcast.net
-----
[1- Newbie Syndrome [n] - The as yet scientifically unexplained
phenomena in which posters ask "Gosh, d'you think they'll ever release
(x)?" within a WEEK--often no more or less--of (x) having already been
officiallly studio-announced....Five years, ten years, not a peep, and
then, suddenly, they ASK!] :)

Kishin 01-01-2007 05:34 PM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
In article <AIednbJJO-3DnAXYnZ2dnUVZ_qKknZ2d@comcast.com>,
Derek Janssen <ejanss@nospam.comcast.net> wrote:

> http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=6696


Wow, almost a year between sets. Still, I'm glad it's coming.

Kishin

Jim Burgan 01-03-2007 10:42 PM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
I don't mind waiting until march.
I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the rest were
filmed in color.



jayembee 01-04-2007 01:03 AM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
"Jim Burgan" <jimbo700@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
> rest were filmed in color.


On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.

-- jayembee

Jim Burgan 01-04-2007 02:04 AM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 

>> I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
>> rest were filmed in color.

>
> On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
> looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
> hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.


You may be right but I grew up in the 50's and 60's and I hated B&W
television. We didn't get out first color TV until 1969 or 1970 and I hate
B&W (except in cases like the recent move "Good Night and Good Luck" with
was shot in B&W for artistic reasons).
Back to WWW, the first season was very well produced and the cinematography
was great. The lighting was also great (if not excessive) for B&W.
Season 1 would be an excellent candidate for colorization.
The new digital colorizing is amazing, although it's too late at this point.
The colorized episodes of season 1 and 2 of Bewitched look better than
season 3, which was filmed in color.
The new colorized version of "Miracle on 34th St" also looks fabulous (not
the 80's version done by Ted turner's company).
-Jim-



Chris 01-04-2007 04:11 AM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
On Wed, 3 Jan 2007 17:42:53 -0500, "Jim Burgan"
<jimbo700@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>I don't mind waiting until march.
>I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the rest were
>filmed in color.
>



The cool thing (for me, at least) with season one being in B&W is that
those episodes never got re-ran as much as the color ones, so it's
like having a bunch of new WWW eps to watch.


Chris
--
Buckaroo Banzai - Highlander - Kolchack - Buffy - Doc Savage
and more at:
http://members.fortunecity.com/lost_giant

jayembee 01-04-2007 06:51 AM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
"Jim Burgan" <jimbo700@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

>>> I'm just glad that it's coming and I'm glad season 2 and the
>>> rest were filmed in color.

>>
>> On the second point: I'm not. I think the B&W of the first season
>> looks much better than the color in the second. For one thing, it
>> hides the polyester look of Jim West's outfit.

>
> You may be right but I grew up in the 50's and 60's and I hated
> B&W television. We didn't get out first color TV until 1969 or
> 1970 and I hate B&W


I also grew up in the 50s and 60s, and my family didn't get a color
TV until 1974 or 1975. As I kid, I had no special feeling one way
or the other about color. Well, to a point. If a show was filmed
in color, I was aching to see it in color (I still remember the
first time I saw a STAR TREK episode in color). But I never had
a feeling that either color or B&W was inherently better than the
other.

The older I got, the better my appreciation for the artistry of
B&W, and I *tend* to prefer B&W to color. I still don't think
either one is inherently better than the other -- it depends mostly
on how the director and D.P. use whichever one they're using.

> Back to WWW, the first season was very well produced and the
> cinematography was great. The lighting was also great (if not
> excessive) for B&W. Season 1 would be an excellent candidate for
> colorization. The new digital colorizing is amazing, although
> it's too late at this point.


Sorry, but you'll never convince me of that. I *will* admit that
the more recent colorization process yields better results than
previous ones, based on the examples I've seen. And even the
early 90s colorization of Disney's ZORRO doesn't look awful, but
while I've seen a *lot* of examples of colorized films and TV
shows, I've *never* seen one that I thought was superior to the
original B&W.

> The new colorized version of "Miracle on 34th St" also looks
> fabulous (not the 80's version done by Ted turner's company).


Nope, can't agree. It looks barely acceptable. But the other week,
my wife and I had seen both versions (colorized and B&W) -- they
aired back-to-back on AMC -- and we both felt the B&W looked far
better.

-- jayembee

Walter Traprock 01-04-2007 07:19 PM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
jayembee <jayembeenospam@snurcher.com> wrote:

> If a show was filmed
> in color, I was aching to see it in color


Not me! Incredible Hulk looked incredibly better on a Black
and White TV than color!

jayembee 01-05-2007 12:49 AM

Re: Where's "The Wild Wild West" Season Two?
 
Walter Traprock <wetraprock@hotmail.com> wrote:

> jayembee <jayembeenospam@snurcher.com> wrote:
>
>> If a show was filmed in color, I was aching to see it in color

>
> Not me! Incredible Hulk looked incredibly better on a Black
> and White TV than color!


Perhaps, but you had to be able to see it in color in order to
know that. When I just had a B&W TV to watch, and a program came
on that was announced as being in color, I really wanted to be
able to see it in color.

-- jayembee


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:12 PM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.