Velocity Reviews

-   -   Blockbuster Total Access - horrible service! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393974-blockbuster-total-access-horrible-service.html)

wookie@nowhere.com 11-30-2006 04:09 AM

Blockbuster Total Access - horrible service!

I recently switched from Netflix to Blockbuster Total Access. The free in-store
rentals are nice, but Blockbuster's service has been a huge disappointment.
Blockbuster claims that when you return a DVD to the store that it results in
your next DVD in queue being shipped out to you faster. This is NOT the case.
For example, I returned a DVD to my local BB store TWO DAYS ago and they still
haven't pulled it from my queue and sent the next disc, or any disc for that
matter. This has happened with EVERY DVD I'VE RENTED since signing up for this
plan a couple of weeks ago! Secondly, they have a nasty habit of arbitrarily
sending discs further down the queue even though the discs at the top show as
available. I'm sticking with the BB Total Access plan - for the moment. But a
couple more weeks of this and BB can take their online rental service and shove
it.

Neck & Red 12-01-2006 02:35 AM

Re: Blockbuster Total Access - horrible service!

<wookie@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:ekllh90qao@drn.newsguy.com...
>I recently switched from Netflix to Blockbuster Total Access. The free
>in-store
> rentals are nice, but Blockbuster's service has been a huge
> disappointment.
> Blockbuster claims that when you return a DVD to the store that it results
> in
> your next DVD in queue being shipped out to you faster. This is NOT the
> case.
> For example, I returned a DVD to my local BB store TWO DAYS ago and they
> still
> haven't pulled it from my queue and sent the next disc, or any disc for
> that
> matter. This has happened with EVERY DVD I'VE RENTED since signing up for
> this
> plan a couple of weeks ago! Secondly, they have a nasty habit of
> arbitrarily
> sending discs further down the queue even though the discs at the top show
> as
> available. I'm sticking with the BB Total Access plan - for the moment.
> But a
> couple more weeks of this and BB can take their online rental service and
> shove
> it.

Your store must suck. When I take them back to my store, my next movie is
normally on it's way by the time I get home. The old movie still shows as
'out', but the next movie is on the way. If I take back 3 movies, I'll have
6 marked as out until they actually get the discs back which is fine.

I'd report them as 'returned but not cleared queue' so they will send you 3
more.

TH 12-01-2006 04:21 PM

wookie@nowhere.com wrote:
> I recently switched from Netflix to Blockbuster Total Access. The free in-store
> rentals are nice, but Blockbuster's service has been a huge disappointment.
> Blockbuster claims that when you return a DVD to the store that it results in
> your next DVD in queue being shipped out to you faster. This is NOT the case.
> For example, I returned a DVD to my local BB store TWO DAYS ago and they still
> haven't pulled it from my queue and sent the next disc, or any disc for that
> matter. This has happened with EVERY DVD I'VE RENTED since signing up for this
> plan a couple of weeks ago! Secondly, they have a nasty habit of arbitrarily
> sending discs further down the queue even though the discs at the top show as
> available. I'm sticking with the BB Total Access plan - for the moment. But a
> couple more weeks of this and BB can take their online rental service and shove
> it.

This was one of the reasons I quit them when I tried them last year
(besides other issues). They weren't taking disks in the order i posted
them, despite the fact they ALL said available. That was just when they
were sending them. I went over a week without a single disk being sent
and when i contacted them, they said you have to have 30 disks, which
is absurd. If I've got 14 disks and they all say available now, then
they should be sent now and in order.

I tried the free month again. I signed up the night before last and it
wasn't until the end of the day yesterday when they finally had three
disks "sent." Despite the fact I live in Los Angeles, two disks won't
arrive for two days and one won't arrive for FOUR DAYS. Netflix is bad
but this is ridiculous. I think probably my best bet is just quit
online rental services until a good one comes along.