Velocity Reviews

-   -   Wireless Disconnection (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t3939-wireless-disconnection.html)

Jo 06-29-2004 11:39 AM

Wireless Disconnection

I installed my wireless test lab but one of the problems
I noticed now is that my wireless internet connection
seems to get disconnected every 4-5mins.

So i have to re-connect it frequently...could someone
help in this regard.

cheers,
Jo

Cat 06-29-2004 09:39 PM

Re: Wireless Disconnection

Hi.
Dropping the signal might be due to environmental Noise 2.4GHz phones etc.
First make sure that you get a stable connection without WEP(or WPA) and
only then attend to the security issues.
The following page (in the middle) contains the info that you asked for.
http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html
As for security: http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Security.html
Jack (MVP - Networking).

"Jo" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I installed my wireless test lab but one of the problems
> I noticed now is that my wireless internet connection
> seems to get disconnected every 4-5mins.
>
> So i have to re-connect it frequently...could someone
> help in this regard.
>
> cheers,
> Jo

07-01-2004 09:01 AM

Re: Wireless Disconnection

thanks its working well now.

It was actually coz i had checked the 'Enable 802.11x
authentication on' when i didn;t have a server for that.

so i believe, the card from the laptop was trying to
authenticate with server very 4-5 mins and when it
couldn;t do this, it just disconnected.

hope this would be helpful for others as well.

cheers,
jo