Velocity Reviews

-   -   Voip providers that can spoof CID (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393678-voip-providers-that-can-spoof-cid.html)

Dave 02-17-2007 06:00 PM

Voip providers that can spoof CID

Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Dave

ACDeag 02-17-2007 07:36 PM

Re: Voip providers that can spoof CID

Dave formulated the question :
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)
>
> Dave

voip.co.uk allows you to choose another CID, so long as you can prove
to them that you are entitled to it.

Jono 02-17-2007 08:59 PM

Re: Voip providers that can spoof CID

Dave has brought this to us :
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)
>
> Dave

Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

The only one I use now is voipcheap.com, however you can only present a
mobile number, that you have access to as there is a procedure to go
through with a text message/activation code.

Graham 02-17-2007 10:35 PM

Re: Voip providers that can spoof CID

> Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

That was *almost* my experience too.
I could spoof most numbers as long as they were included in the list to
use your 1899 account, but some selected ones proved impossible.
Significantly, I couldn't present my own BT landline number.

--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%

Jono 02-17-2007 10:43 PM

Re: Voip providers that can spoof CID

on 17/02/2007, Graham supposed :

>> Ah, the good old days of 1899voip - could spoof any number.

> That was *almost* my experience too.
> I could spoof most numbers as long as they were included in the list to
> use your 1899 account, but some selected ones proved impossible.
> Significantly, I couldn't present my own BT landline number.

One of the things that stopped me even trying was that if the person's
number I had spoofed actually dialled 1899xxx. I would've ended up
paying for the call.......that & it wouldn't have been legal, of
course.

mark@keeptalking.co.uk 02-18-2007 12:33 PM

On Feb 17, 6:00 pm, "Dave" <m...@me.com> wrote:
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)
>
> Dave

Try www.voipgate.com - you can set cli for any number you can receive
an incoming call to (for them to verify).

Cheers,
Mark

Peter Gradwell 02-18-2007 05:11 PM

Dave wrote:
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

yes, we do, given the right paperwork being signed.

cheers
peter

Jon Farmer 02-18-2007 07:38 PM

Dave wrote:
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

Entacall allow it if you can prove you own the number.

Regards

Jon

PhilT 02-19-2007 03:42 PM

On 17 Feb, 18:00, "Dave" <m...@me.com> wrote:
> Hello, What VOIP providers allow spoofing of CID (with an Asterisk Box) ..or
> any other ideas (without Asterisk !)

I had a similar question asked of me - is it possible to put the CLI
of the original caller onto a call when forwarded via a SIP
provider ? From the replies so far the answer looks to be "no" as
people as concerned about ownership of numbers and pre-authorisation.
The PABX supplier says they can do it but the outcome depends on the
service provider.

The situation involved a small PABX taking incoming calls and using an
IVR menu to offer the calling party a choice of numbers which were
then called via mobiles (field staff out on the road). The idea of the
variable CID was to allow the recipient of the forwarded call to have
a number to call back if for example they lost the mobile signal and
the call dropped.

Any chance ?

Phil

Ivor Jones 02-19-2007 03:59 PM

Re: Voip providers that can spoof CID

"PhilT" <newsnet@gmail.com> wrote in message
news:1171899747.558490.30480@v45g2000cwv.googlegro ups.com

[snip]

> The situation involved a small PABX taking incoming calls
> and using an IVR menu to offer the calling party a choice
> of numbers which were then called via mobiles (field
> staff out on the road). The idea of the variable CID was
> to allow the recipient of the forwarded call to have a
> number to call back if for example they lost the mobile
> signal and the call dropped.
>
> Any chance ?

I don't know of any such solution, but that doesn't mean it doesn't exist.

In any case, convention has always dictated that in the event of a dropped
call, the originator of that call attempts to re-establish it, so it would
be up to the caller to try again, not the recipient.

Ivor