Velocity Reviews

Velocity Reviews (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/index.php)
-   UK VOIP (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/f34-uk-voip.html)
-   -   Low Volume (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393659-low-volume.html)

Port Admiral Haynes 02-11-2007 08:11 PM

Low Volume
 
I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when I
speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do to
increase the volume?

The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I mess
things up!!!

The setting in Audio Config are as follows

Preferred Codec - G711u
Use Pref Codec Only - No
DTMF Tx method - Auto
Silence Supp Enable - No
FAX CED Detect Enable - yes

Many thanks



Graham 02-11-2007 08:30 PM

Re: Low Volume
 

"Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
news:45cf7871$0$22871$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
>and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
>I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
>to increase the volume?
>
> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
> mess things up!!!
>
> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
>
> Preferred Codec - G711u
> Use Pref Codec Only - No
> DTMF Tx method - Auto
> Silence Supp Enable - No
> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
>
> Many thanks


Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
--

Graham.
%Profound_observation%



Port Admiral Haynes 02-11-2007 08:34 PM

Re: Low Volume
 
"Graham" <me@privacy.com> wrote in message
news:eqnuan$98o$1@news.datemas.de...
>
> "Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
> news:45cf7871$0$22871$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>>I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
>>and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
>>I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can
>>do to increase the volume?
>>
>> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
>> mess things up!!!
>>
>> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
>>
>> Preferred Codec - G711u
>> Use Pref Codec Only - No
>> DTMF Tx method - Auto
>> Silence Supp Enable - No
>> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
>>
>> Many thanks

>
> Try playing with the FXS Port Input Gain on the regional tab.
> --
>
> Graham.
> %Profound_observation%
>


Many thanks - I will give it a go



Port Admiral Haynes 02-11-2007 08:36 PM

Re: Low Volume
 

"Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
news:45cf7871$0$22871$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys PAP2T ATA
>and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I call say that when
>I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side. Is there anything I can do
>to increase the volume?
>
> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in case I
> mess things up!!!
>
> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
>
> Preferred Codec - G711u
> Use Pref Codec Only - No
> DTMF Tx method - Auto
> Silence Supp Enable - No
> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
>
> Many thanks
>


Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
suggestions as to what I should try?



{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 02-11-2007 08:44 PM

Re: Low Volume
 
Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
> "Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
> news:45cf7871$0$22871$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>> I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys
>> PAP2T ATA and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I
>> call say that when I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side.
>> Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?
>>
>> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in
>> case I mess things up!!!
>>
>> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
>>
>> Preferred Codec - G711u
>> Use Pref Codec Only - No
>> DTMF Tx method - Auto
>> Silence Supp Enable - No
>> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
>>
>> Many thanks
>>

>
> Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
> suggestions as to what I should try?



0

0


Port Admiral Haynes 02-11-2007 10:02 PM

Re: Low Volume
 
"{{{{{Welcome}}}}}" <bhx___spam@trapped___hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
news:EeLzh.10184$9S5.8265@text.news.blueyonder.co. uk...
> Thus spaketh Port Admiral Haynes:
>> "Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
>> news:45cf7871$0$22871$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk...
>>> I have a Binatone Fusion 2200 DECT Phone plugged into a Linksys
>>> PAP2T ATA and place outgoing calls via VoipDiscount. The people I
>>> call say that when I speak my voice is a little on the quiet side.
>>> Is there anything I can do to increase the volume?
>>>
>>> The PAP2T has no user manual with it and I don't want to mess in
>>> case I mess things up!!!
>>>
>>> The setting in Audio Config are as follows
>>>
>>> Preferred Codec - G711u
>>> Use Pref Codec Only - No
>>> DTMF Tx method - Auto
>>> Silence Supp Enable - No
>>> FAX CED Detect Enable - yes
>>>
>>> Many thanks
>>>

>>
>> Both FXS Port Input and Output Gain is set to -3 at the moment - any
>> suggestions as to what I should try?

>
>
> 0
>
> 0
>

Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
off - what does this do?

Thanks



Ivor Jones 02-11-2007 10:08 PM

Re: Low Volume
 
"Port Admiral Haynes" <spam.th@t.way> wrote in message
news:45cf9259$0$22110$db0fefd9@news.zen.co.uk

[snip]

> Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted,
> -1 and -1 seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings
> I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is off - what does this
> do?


It stops the line sounding totally dead during pauses in conversation.
It's very unnatural, try setting it to "on" and you'll see what I mean.

Ivor



Paul 02-12-2007 09:42 AM

Re: Low Volume
 
Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
[snip]
>>

> Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1 seems
> perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence Supp Enable" is
> off - what does this do?
>
> Thanks
>
>


It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned off.


cheers,
Paul.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 02-12-2007 09:50 AM

Re: Low Volume
 
Thus spaketh Paul:
> Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
> [snip]
>>>

>> Ok - I tried 0 and 0 but that made it a little distorted, -1 and -1
>> seems perfect. Whilst looking at these settings I noticed "Silence
>> Supp Enable" is off - what does this do?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>>

>
> It makes the device stop transmitting audio when there is silence. To
> you'll save a bit of bandwidth if you are on a capped Internet
> connection. But you can end up with clicks in the audio every time
> someone starts and stops talking, very annoying! I'd leave it turned
> off.
>
> cheers,
> Paul.



People the other end also think the line has gone dead as it is too
quiet.



All times are GMT. The time now is 06:15 AM.

Powered by vBulletin®. Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
SEO by vBSEO ©2010, Crawlability, Inc.