Velocity Reviews

-   -   Next Question! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393633-next-question.html)

Port Admiral Haynes 02-02-2007 12:50 PM

Next Question!

Ok (see VOIP Calls To me part 1 and 2)

I have now got my system set up so I can dial out with VopDiscount and have
got a local number that people can ring me on (Thank you {{{{{Welcome}}}}} )

I have an unlocked Linksys PAP2T with the latest firmware.

How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

Thanks

Scope 02-02-2007 01:36 PM

Re: Next Question!

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I dont think you are able to, sorry.

Brian A 02-02-2007 08:48 PM

Re: Next Question!

On Fri, 02 Feb 2007 13:36:10 GMT, Scope <scope@somewhere.com> wrote:

>Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
>> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
>> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

>I dont think you are able to, sorry.

At least it is 'Unavailable' - much better then 'Withheld' as that can
result in blocking to some numbers.
Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.

Herman 02-02-2007 09:12 PM

Re: Next Question!

"Scope" <scope@somewhere.com> wrote in message
> Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
>> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
>> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

> I dont think you are able to, sorry.

You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
landline numbers.

Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
subject.

Scope 02-02-2007 09:37 PM

Re: Next Question!

Herman wrote:
> You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
> you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
> If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
> settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
> and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
> landline numbers.

Sorry, Yes you can.. Atleast to a mobile number.. The setting is in the
latest software. Would be nice if you could set a landline number aswell. :)

dmitri 02-05-2007 07:52 PM

Re: Next Question!

> You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
> you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to work.
> If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the personal
> settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the number
> and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work for
> landline numbers.
>
> Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on the
> subject.

I had my mobile # verified through softphone but it only shows up "From" in
SMSes, not when dialing from ATA. I use VoipCheapCom, VOIP GATEWAY 102
with "Caller ID Scheme" set to "ETSI-FSK(UK-CCA), "Send Anonymous"(If
"Yes", caller ID will be blocked) set to "No". My ID come as "UNAVAILABLE"
though.

Has anybody succeded?

Herman 02-07-2007 11:24 PM

Re: Next Question!

"dmitri" <me@my.biz> wrote in message

>> You can with voipcheap so it should be possible for voipdiscount. I know
>> you have to do it all through the softphone (latest version) for it to
>> work.
>> If I remember correctly you need to set your mobile number in the
>> personal
>> settings box (taking care to enter in 00447 format), then verify the
>> number
>> and set as CLI. Could be that I have remembered it wrong. Doesn't work
>> for
>> landline numbers.
>>
>> Try searching the group as I think I contributed to an earlier thread on
>> the
>> subject.

> I had my mobile # verified through softphone but it only shows up "From"
> in
> SMSes, not when dialing from ATA. I use VoipCheapCom, VOIP GATEWAY 102
> with "Caller ID Scheme" set to "ETSI-FSK(UK-CCA), "Send Anonymous"(If
> "Yes", caller ID will be blocked) set to "No". My ID come as "UNAVAILABLE"
> though.
>
> Has anybody succeded?

As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
landlines.

Tim Bray 02-08-2007 12:01 AM

Re: Next Question!

Port Admiral Haynes wrote:
> How do I get something to display on caller IDs when I ring via
> VoipDiscount. If I do ring "UNAVAILABLE" is displayed.

I'm not sure if possible on VoipDiscount.

But lack of outbound caller ID is a common feature on cheap service
providers. You get what you pay for.

Tim

Oldie 02-08-2007 10:46 AM

Re: Next Question!

In article <uctyh.3213$3a3.1512@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>,
"Herman" <whitehousemadhouse-2005@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

(snipped)

> As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile number
> appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
> through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
> then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
> seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
> landlines.

Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?

Oldie

Herman 02-09-2007 09:18 PM

Re: Next Question!

"Oldie" <realoldie@googlemail.com> wrote in message
> In article <uctyh.3213$3a3.1512@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>,
> "Herman" <whitehousemadhouse-2005@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> (snipped)
>>
>> As I said I got it to work via voipcheap com. Make sure your mobile
>> number
>> appears as 00447.... and not as +447.... To do this you need to enter it
>> through the softphone, NOT on the web. If my memory serves me right, you
>> then just need to verify and set as caller ID and hey presto! It doesn't
>> seem to work all the time on calls to mobile numbers but no problem with
>> landlines.

> Does it work with an ATA as well as on the softphone?
>
> Oldie

Yes, but I believe you need to enter the number in the same format in one of
the fields in the registration information. I have a Fritzbox and I put it
in the Internet number box, and ticked the use internet number for
registration box. IIRC Linksys/Sipura terminology for these two fields is
AuthID and use AuthID.