Velocity Reviews

-   -   voip.co.uk line going dead (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393427-voip-co-uk-line-going-dead.html)

Steve in Herts 12-03-2006 07:39 PM

voip.co.uk line going dead

Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

Cheers

Steve

Steve in Herts 12-03-2006 07:40 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
<nospam@invalidaddress.blob> wrote:

>Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
>have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
>
>Cheers
>
>Steve

Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

Anon E Mouse 12-03-2006 07:46 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

Steve in Herts wrote:
> On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
> <nospam@invalidaddress.blob> wrote:
>
>> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
>> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Steve

> Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

ACDeag 12-03-2006 08:01 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

Anon E Mouse pretended :
> Steve in Herts wrote:
>> On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
>> <nospam@invalidaddress.blob> wrote:
>>
>>> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
>>> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
>>>
>>> Cheers
>>>
>>> Steve

>> Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

> Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
> Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

Been happening to me as well.

andy 12-03-2006 08:21 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

ACDeag wrote:
> Anon E Mouse pretended :
> > Steve in Herts wrote:

> >> Outgoing calls only. Incoming calls have been ok.

> > Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for me.
> > Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

> Been happening to me as well.

At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP address
(Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm

Ian Pawson 12-03-2006 08:50 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

Steve in Herts wrote:
> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
>
> Cheers
>
> Steve

Yes, gets cut-off after a couple of mins. sip->pstn call

David Floyd 12-03-2006 09:46 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

In message of Sun, 3 Dec 2006, Ian Pawson writes
>Steve in Herts wrote:
>> Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
>> have gone silent after about 90 seconds.
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> Steve

>Yes, gets cut-off after a couple of mins. sip->pstn call

And the call records show that the calls are 'still in progress' hours
later.

Hope you have all raised a ticket.

Last time this happened I was (and still am) being charged for off peak
calls on a 'per minute' basis. That's because the system thinks there
is more than one call at a time because of the failed call still being
registered. I've been promised a refund when the fault has been sorted
out - but that's over three weeks now! :-(

David

hairydog@despammed.com 12-03-2006 11:39 PM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

On Sun, 03 Dec 2006 19:39:11 GMT, Steve in Herts
<nospam@invalidaddress.blob> wrote:

>Anyone else been having problems with this? Almost all calls today
>have gone silent after about 90 seconds.

Yes, same here. More like 100 to 110 seconds into the call it goes
dead. This has been happening sporadically for a couple of days I'm
told (not done it to me till today) but now EVERY call drops after
about 1 min 50 sec.

This is the same on our two different ATAs, but Sipgate is working
perfectly behind the same router.

{{{{{Welcome}}}}} 12-04-2006 04:48 AM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

Thus spaketh andy:
> ACDeag wrote:
>> Anon E Mouse pretended :

>>> Same issue here, although the cutoff point has been more random for
>>> me. Happening SIP>SIP and SIP>PSTN for me.

>> Been happening to me as well.

> At the moment I have their number forwarded to a different SIP address
> (Voipcheap), which was ok for a 15 minute call around 5 pm

I don't use Voip.co.uk, but interested how you forwarded to a sip
address for voipcheap.

I use IPKall and used to have it forward to my sipgate address until the
muppets there stopped allowing it, but never managed to work out what
was needed to forward it to VoIPStunt, which is sister service to
VoIPCheap, have forwarded it to another account for now, but would like
to be able to forward it to my voipstunt account, as pointers?

Mr Woo 12-04-2006 06:45 AM

Re: voip.co.uk line going dead

On Sun, 3 Dec 2006 21:46:07 +0000, David Floyd <david@floyd.org.uk>
wrote:

>Hope you have all raised a ticket.
>
>Last time this happened I was (and still am) being charged for off peak
>calls on a 'per minute' basis. That's because the system thinks there
>is more than one call at a time because of the failed call still being
>registered. I've been promised a refund when the fault has been sorted
>out - but that's over three weeks now! :-(

This happened to me also and I have raised a ticket too. Since the
failed call I have been able to make other calls but they are not
showing on the calls list as the last entry still shows the failed
call still in progress.

I hope this is a temporary glitch which is corrected to my
satisfaction as I came to voip.co.uk looking for a really reliable
VOIP provider to replace Sipgate which I had no end of trouble with.

W.