Velocity Reviews

-   -   More 3102 questions! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393241-more-3102-questions.html)

Oldie 10-14-2006 08:45 PM

More 3102 questions!

My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
call diversion.

I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
send the diversion string.

So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
in simple terms?

I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
and # codes?

I know that I can work around the diversion problem by plugging a phone
directly into the BT line, but I really would like a more elegant
solution if anyone has any ideas.

Oldie

speckled hen 10-17-2006 04:22 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Oldie wrote:
> My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
> has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
> etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
> call diversion.
>
> I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
> However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
> to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
> send the diversion string.
>
> So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
> that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
> fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
> on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
> in simple terms?
>
> I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
> all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
> and # codes?
>
> I know that I can work around the diversion problem by plugging a phone
> directly into the BT line, but I really would like a more elegant
> solution if anyone has any ideas.
>
> Oldie

Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
netgear router.

Thanks

speckled hen 10-17-2006 04:50 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Oldie 10-19-2006 02:49 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

speckled hen wrote:

(snipped)

> Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
> if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
> netgear router.

I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.

Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
talking rubbish.

Oldie

Jono 10-19-2006 05:01 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Oldie explained on 19/10/2006 :
> speckled hen wrote:
>
> (snipped)
>
>> Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
>> if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
>> netgear router.

> I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
> of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
> Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
> one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
> providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
> calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.
>
> Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
> talking rubbish.

You're not talking rubbish. You're spot on, except using something like
voxalot would allow more than one per port.

Brian A 10-19-2006 06:29 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

On 14 Oct 2006 13:45:26 -0700, "Oldie" <realoldie@googlemail.com>
wrote:

>My SPA-3102 is running well so far for outbound and inbound calls, and
>has even passed the WAF! I've set up dialplans so that 1471, 1571, 999
>etc. dial out through gw0 (BT). One thing that has me stumped though is
>call diversion.
>
>I generally divert my PSTN line to my mobile using *21*mobileno#.
>However if I put this into my dialplan it won't work. I have #0 set up
>to give me a PSTN dial tone, but even when I dial this I can't then
>send the diversion string.

It would have been useful if you had posted your dial plan.
I have an SPA-3000 - so I assume it is going to be a similar set up.
I confess to never having tried PSTN access because I don't have a
PSTN line. So I am going to guess this.
I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
* in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
.. Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
You would need to do this:-
<#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:@gw0>

I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
<#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:@gw0>

Alternatively you might simply try
<#50:*21*0>7xx.<:@gw0>

To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.

I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
Please post to let us all know how you went on.

>So I tried to use a speed dial to send the string, then I found out
>that I couldn't get any of my speed dials to do anything at all! In
>fact, I don't really understand the differences between the speed dials
>on the User 1 tab and the PSTN User tabs. Can anyone explain this to me
>in simple terms?

If you puit a simple speed dial number in it will use the default VSP.
You can however, add a gateway. For example:
01274723456@gw3

>I have Line 1 set up as Voxalot so that I can receive incoming calls on
>all my VoIP providers. Could this be causing me problems in sending *
>and # codes?

In short no. I can't see any reason for that to be the case.

Remove 'no_spam_' from email address.
Skype Free Zone!!

Oldie 10-19-2006 09:59 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Jono wrote:
> Oldie explained on 19/10/2006 :
> > speckled hen wrote:
> >
> > (snipped)
> >
> >> Do you know if the dial plan is the same as a spa2102 (Im sure it is)
> >> if so where did you get it from as I am just setting up my 2102 with a
> >> netgear router.

> > I don't know anything about the SPA 2102 but if it is a later version
> > of the PAP2 (which I have) there are major differences in the dialplan.
> > Mainly because you set up < 4 providers on the 3102 and specify which
> > one to use in your dialplan. I imagine that the 2102 allows for two
> > providers, one for each port and you are limited to making & receiving
> > calls only through the provider to which your telephone is connected.
> >
> > Maybe someone can correct me here if my assumption is wrong and I'm
> > talking rubbish.
> >

> You're not talking rubbish. You're spot on, except using something like
> voxalot would allow more than one per port.

That's exactly how I used to do it with my PAP2.

Oldie

Oldie 10-20-2006 09:18 AM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Brian A wrote:

(snipped)

> I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
> * in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
> . Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
> You would need to do this:-
> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:@gw0>
>
> I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
> so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
> xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:@gw0>
>
> Alternatively you might simply try
> <#50:*21*0>7xx.<:@gw0>
>
> To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.
>
> I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
> Please post to let us all know how you went on.

Sorry to say Brian, that none of the above did work! However all is not
lost from my point of view, because I have managed to get the 3102 to
divert incoming PSTN calls itself. I have set up a Cfwd Sel1 Caller
under the PSTN User tab, with 0* in the caller field and
destinationnumber@gw2 in the Destination field.

The advantages:
1). Cheaper diverted calls than BT can give me.
2). I could (if I wanted) set up selected diversions for individual
callers - sending them to voicemail or elsewhere.
The disavantages:
1). I see only the CLI of the gateway trunk and not the caller's CLI.
2). I can only toggle it from the web interface and not the telephone
set.

Oldie

Jono 10-26-2006 09:08 PM

Re: More 3102 questions!

Oldie expressed precisely :
> Brian A wrote:
>
> (snipped)
>
>> I would set up a code specially for the divert. You must include the
>> * in your plan. This is where I guess you have gone wrong.
>> . Lets say you use #5 as your divert access code.
>> You would need to do this:-
>> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx <:@gw0>
>>
>> I have never included a # in a dialling sequence that was transmitted
>> so can't speak with any surity but you might have to follow the
>> xxxxxxxxx with a #. Thus making
>> <#50:*21*0>7xxxxxxxxx# <:@gw0>
>>
>> Alternatively you might simply try
>> <#50:*21*0>7xx.<:@gw0>
>>
>> To divert a call you'd dial #5 followed by the full mobile number.
>>
>> I feel sure that one or more of these will work.
>> Please post to let us all know how you went on.

> Sorry to say Brian, that none of the above did work! However all is not
> lost from my point of view, because I have managed to get the 3102 to
> divert incoming PSTN calls itself. I have set up a Cfwd Sel1 Caller
> under the PSTN User tab, with 0* in the caller field and
> destinationnumber@gw2 in the Destination field.
>
> The advantages:
> 1). Cheaper diverted calls than BT can give me.
> 2). I could (if I wanted) set up selected diversions for individual
> callers - sending them to voicemail or elsewhere.
> The disavantages:
> 1). I see only the CLI of the gateway trunk and not the caller's CLI.
> 2). I can only toggle it from the web interface and not the telephone
> set.
>
> Oldie

When I set up a forward using the SPA3000, forwarding incoming PSTN
calls via Sipgate, to another Sipgate number, the original caller's CLI
is delivered intact.