Velocity Reviews

-   -   Freetalk to Vonage-Issues? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393214-freetalk-to-vonage-issues.html)

Fred 10-06-2006 09:32 PM

Freetalk to Vonage-Issues?

Hi Folks
Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
calls as well as pops/clicks!
Thanks
Fred.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 10-06-2006 10:35 PM

Re: Freetalk to Vonage-Issues?

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <frednospam@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>Hi Folks
>Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
>calls as well as pops/clicks!
>Thanks
>Fred.

Vonage provides it customers with free technical support 24/7 in order
to sort out these matters when thy arise Fred just dial 150 from your
vonage phone .
I have no problems with Vonage by the way Fred incidentally Vonage is
a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))) .

Tony Blare 10-06-2006 10:36 PM

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, Fred wrote:

>Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
>from Freetalk?

No.

Yawn 10-06-2006 10:43 PM

On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:35:46 GMT, M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk said:

>...incidentally Vonage is
>a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
>mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
>ok:)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) ))))))))))))))))) .

Please stop your childish handbagging, ponce.

M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk 10-06-2006 11:22 PM

On 7 Oct 2006 00:43:26 +0200, Yawn <@> wrote:

>On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 22:35:46 GMT, M.Dexter@blueyonder.co.uk said:
>
>>...incidentally Vonage is
>>a dirty word to one contributor to this forum on the other hand
>>mention Sipgate one hundred times or so and you will be
>>ok:))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) )))))))))))))))))) .

>Please stop your childish handbagging, ponce.

Please go away .

Dave 10-07-2006 09:15 PM

wrote:

>Hi Folks
>Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
>calls as well as pops/clicks!
>Thanks
>Fred.

No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
with the 8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
to.

To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
was refunded to my card the next day.

Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
may give this a go sometime.

Fred 10-08-2006 02:14 AM

"Dave" <weirdoboy@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <frednospam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi Folks
>>Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
>>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
>>calls as well as pops/clicks!
>>Thanks
>>Fred.
>>

> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
> with the 8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
> to.
>
> To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
> was refunded to my card the next day.
>
> Also, my caller ID has never worked. I did call tech support and they
> were very helpful. They suggested that I try a different phone so I
> may give this a go sometime.

Hi Dave
You have just reminded me that I have not received my credit for 8.99 yet
either. I will call them in the morning.
Thanks
Fred.
ps I called theirsupport again and the call quality has improved
considerably-will wait and see if that continues though.
Fred.

Tony Blare 10-08-2006 06:57 AM

On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:15:36 GMT, Dave wrote:

>No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
>with the 8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
>to.
>
>To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
>was refunded to my card the next day.

They don't refund to your card: the refund goes to your Vonage
account.

Duncan MacCallum 10-08-2006 08:13 AM

Dave wrote:
> On Fri, 06 Oct 2006 21:32:17 GMT, "Fred" <frednospam@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks
>> Anyone been having call quality issues since transferring over to Vonage
>>from Freetalk? I have been getting screeching white noise down the line in
>> calls as well as pops/clicks!
>> Thanks
>> Fred.
>>

> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
> with the 8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
> to.

Ah so happened to someone else, just wonder if Vonage would have spotted
their mistake in time Naughty naughty Vonage.

Duncan MacCallum 10-08-2006 08:17 AM

Tony Blare wrote:
> On Sat, 07 Oct 2006 21:15:36 GMT, Dave wrote:
>
>> No, but one issue I have had is that they forgot to credit the account
>> with the 8.99 delivery fee for the equipment like they were supposed
>> to.
>>
>> To be fair to them, I did send them a message pointing this out and it
>> was refunded to my card the next day.

> They don't refund to your card: the refund goes to your Vonage
> account.

Err no it should go to back as credit to card its refund of shipping
costs and nothing to do with Vonage account.
I was promised credit my refund yesterday