Velocity Reviews

-   -   VoIP providers (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t393133-voip-providers.html)

Lou 01-20-2007 02:24 PM

VoIP providers

Not sure if this the correct group to ask in but...

But I am looking for a good VoIP provider. Vonage? SunRocket, whoever.

Are there any good comparison sites or how about your experiences?

TIA

Lou

Jonathan Roberts 01-20-2007 04:08 PM

Re: VoIP providers

Lou wrote:
> Not sure if this the correct group to ask in but...
>
> But I am looking for a good VoIP provider. Vonage? SunRocket, whoever.
>
> Are there any good comparison sites or how about your experiences?
>
> TIA
>
> Lou

What do you plan to use the service for? International calls? Domestic
US? Just a home phone replacement?

perting 01-20-2007 10:45 PM

Re: VoIP providers

Just keep away from packet 8. Their service is terrible.

Lou 01-20-2007 10:51 PM

Re: VoIP providers

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Lou wrote:
>> Not sure if this the correct group to ask in but...
>>
>> But I am looking for a good VoIP provider. Vonage? SunRocket, whoever.
>>
>> Are there any good comparison sites or how about your experiences?
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Lou

> What do you plan to use the service for? International calls? Domestic
> US? Just a home phone replacement?

Home phone in a new location. Domestic calls only.

Lou

Jonathan Roberts 01-20-2007 11:09 PM

Re: VoIP providers

Lou wrote:
> Jonathan Roberts wrote:
>> Lou wrote:
>>> Not sure if this the correct group to ask in but...
>>>
>>> But I am looking for a good VoIP provider. Vonage? SunRocket, whoever.
>>>
>>> Are there any good comparison sites or how about your experiences?
>>>
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Lou

>> What do you plan to use the service for? International calls?
>> Domestic US? Just a home phone replacement?

> Home phone in a new location. Domestic calls only.
>
> Lou

SunRocket is good as is ViaTalk for this. Vonage isn't bad but is too
expensive for home phone replacement in my opinion.

Lou 01-21-2007 12:53 PM

Re: VoIP providers

Jonathan Roberts wrote:
> Lou wrote:
>> Jonathan Roberts wrote:

>>> What do you plan to use the service for? International calls?
>>> Domestic US? Just a home phone replacement?

>> Home phone in a new location. Domestic calls only.
>>
>> Lou

> SunRocket is good as is ViaTalk for this. Vonage isn't bad but is too
> expensive for home phone replacement in my opinion.

Thank you.

Lou

hdtv? 01-21-2007 03:25 PM

Re: VoIP providers

"Lou" <pl726@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:4pWdndK5bs27uy_YnZ2dnUVZ_o2vnZ2d@comcast.com. ..
> Not sure if this the correct group to ask in but...
>
> But I am looking for a good VoIP provider. Vonage? SunRocket, whoever.
>
> Are there any good comparison sites or how about your experiences?
>
> TIA
>
> Lou

I second the opinion on Packet 8 - the only time they will answer an inquiry
is if you are purchasing their service.
Sun Rocket - my opinion is neutral(current provider).

I googled this topic when I was leaving Packet 8 and found a VOiP comparison
website.