Velocity Reviews

-   -   Cross-browser problem | XML pagging (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t392862-cross-browser-problem-xml-pagging.html)

kaddison01@gmail.com 02-21-2007 03:44 PM

Cross-browser problem | XML pagging

Hello all!
I'm new to the community and am looking for some help.

I'm working on a project which consists of an HTML wrapper w/ a data
island for xml. I have an xsl transformation and a javascript which
creates the effect of paging. However, I'm having trouble creating a
cross-browser html wrapper page. It works in IE but doesn't work in
Firefox. I was wondering if anyone here could help me?

I made some mockup files to illustrate the problem
Here are the files:
xml file - http://www.kevinaddison.com/test/xml/pagging-test.xml
xsl file - http://www.kevinaddison.com/test/xml/pagging-test.xsl
javascript file - http://www.kevinaddison.com/test/xml/jsfuncs.js
html wrapper - http://www.kevinaddison.com/test/xml/wrapper.html

Andy Dingley 02-21-2007 05:20 PM

Re: Cross-browser problem | XML pagging

On 21 Feb, 15:44, "kaddiso...@gmail.com" <kaddiso...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm working on a project which consists of an HTML wrapper w/ a data
> island for xml.

"Data islands" are a pure M$oft idea and have no practical expectation
of working outside IE.

Find a tutorial on AJAX and look at that as a basis for cross-platform
solutions. Although AJAX is usually thought of as retrieving dynamic
XML from web services, it works fine with static XML data too.