Velocity Reviews

-   -   Receiving XMLs over the Internet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t392640-receiving-xmls-over-the-internet.html)

suspended@gmail.com 12-21-2006 07:23 PM

Receiving XMLs over the Internet

I have an in-house application that is sitting on our company's Windows
2003 Server. This Server is connected to the internet and is current
hosting a public website that we have complete access to. We want to be
able to receive XML messages through the internet and save them on the
local hard disk using our application. Ideally, we would like to use
the websites URL to achieve this (but we don't know how to do this).
What is the easiest way to do this?

Thanks.
Jessica

Andy Dingley 12-21-2006 08:53 PM

Re: Receiving XMLs over the Internet

suspended@gmail.com wrote:

> What is the easiest way to do this?

Look into SOAP or XML-RPC.

Almost any server-side programming language can be used to implement
these, and you should be able to find suitable libraries ready-written
for you.