Velocity Reviews

-   -   Frames ScrollBar (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t392032-frames-scrollbar.html)

shahkinnarb@gmail.com 01-23-2007 03:37 PM

Frames ScrollBar

Hi All,

I want to create HTML Frame which has customize scroll bar. This frame
should not have standard windows scrollbar.This frame is going to be
inserted in aspx page.This page should be comptabile to run on main
browsers and on Windows and MAC.The scrollbar i want should have look
like instaead of having bar line it should have one single straight
line and on that line one button type scroll is going to scroll.

Is it possible to create this type of customize scroll bar ?

I am in really very hurry , please provide me your valuable suggestions
fastly.

Thanks & Regards,
Kinnar

Travis Newbury 01-23-2007 04:50 PM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

shahkinnarb@gmail.com wrote:
> Is it possible to create this type of customize scroll bar ?
> I am in really very hurry , please provide me your valuable suggestions
> fastly.

No.

dorayme 01-23-2007 07:43 PM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

In article
<1169571034.633619.83760@j27g2000cwj.googlegroups. com>,
"Travis Newbury" <TravisNewbury@hotmail.com> wrote:

> shahkinnarb@gmail.com wrote:
> > Is it possible to create this type of customize scroll bar ?
> > I am in really very hurry , please provide me your valuable suggestions
> > fastly.

> No.

What do you mean no? That it is not possible or that you refuse
to provide your valuable suggestion fastly?

--
dorayme

David Dorward 01-23-2007 09:14 PM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

shahkinnarb@gmail.com wrote:

> I want to create HTML Frame which has customize scroll bar.

Well, its probably possible ... but it would involve a vast amount of
JavaScript in order to create something that almost certainly won't act
like every other scrollbar on the system, and won't look like every other
scollbar on the system - so its not a good idea.

Home is where the ~/.bashrc is

Michael 01-24-2007 10:58 AM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

>> I want to create HTML Frame which has customize scroll bar.

> Well, its probably possible ...

But IMHO it's a very, very bad idea.
Something about user experience, consistency, default OS behaviour, etc etc
I hope you have a very, very good reason to break this important design law.

Regards

Michael.

PS: In case you didn't notice, my (valuable) suggestion; use the default
scrollbar.

Travis Newbury 01-24-2007 05:12 PM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

On Jan 23, 2:43 pm, dorayme <doraymeRidT...@optusnet.com.au> wrote:
> > > Is it possible to create this type of customize scroll bar ?
> > > I am in really very hurry , please provide me your valuable suggestions
> > > fastly.

> > No.What do you mean no? That it is not possible or that you refuse

> to provide your valuable suggestion fastly?

No, it is not possible to fulfill all the op's requirements:

Uct09 COTRE 01-30-2007 04:14 PM

Re: Frames ScrollBar

ok !