Velocity Reviews

-   -   box positioning issues and different version IE 6 problem (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t391896-box-positioning-issues-and-different-version-ie-6-problem.html)

chaser7016 01-02-2007 12:55 AM

box positioning issues and different version IE 6 problem

Hello

In IE the boxes on my site ( http://www.ryanspahn.net ) are how I want
them to be. In FireFox unfortunately the #column(the writing about
browsers is seen here) and the box to its right(the one with the member
login) #columnbox, both have moved upward. Here is my css for the
page.........

body {
background-color: #FFCCCC;
background-position: top left;
background-repeat: no-repeat;
font-family: Trebuchet MS, Lucida Sans Unicode, Arial, sans-serif;
font-size: .85em;
padding: 0.5px 30px 0 0;
margin: 25px;
}

div.mainbox {
margin-left: 45px;
background-color: #FFF8DC;
width: 700px;
height: 525px;
}

div.box{
position:absolute;
top:83px;
left:800px;
margin-left: 20px;
width:140px;
height: 385px;
padding:10px;
background-color: #FFF8DC;
background-image: url(../images/boxbar.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border: solid 3px #000000;
line-height:17px;

}

#mainMenu {
background-color: #FFF; /* Background color of main menu */
font-family: Trebuchet MS, Lucida Sans Unicode, Arial, sans-serif; /*
Fonts of main menu items */
font-size:0.9em; /* Font size of main menu items */
border-bottom:1px solid #000000; /* Bottom border of main menu */
height:40px; /* Height of main menu */

position:relative; /* Don't change this position attribute */

}

#column {
position:relative;
width: 275px;
margin-top: -390px;
margin-left: 10px;

}

#columnbox {
position:relative;
left:360px;
margin-top: -305px;
width:325px;
height:303px;
background-color: #FFFFFF;
background-image: url(../images/login.gif);
background-repeat: no-repeat;
border: solid 3px #000000;
line-height:17px;

}

Any ideas or hacks to fix this and get the boxes to stay same in IE,
but have them move down a bit in FireFox?

Also, for whatever reason in IE 6 Version:
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519 the box to the right with the
turquoise or bright blue border enlarges itself and the pages overall
HTML text does as well. In IE 6 Version:
6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158 and in IE7, everything looks as
it should!

Well thanks for reading...suggesting...commenting and any help u can
provide!

Cheers, Chaser

Bergamot 01-02-2007 01:19 AM

Re: box positioning issues and different version IE 6 problem

chaser7016 wrote:

> In IE the boxes on my site ( http://www.ryanspahn.net ) are how I want
> them to be. In FireFox unfortunately...

You have much worse problems than a box being a few pixels off. The page
is a wreck when JavaScript is disabled.

--
Berg

Chaddy2222 01-02-2007 05:16 AM

Bergamot wrote:
> chaser7016 wrote:
> >
> > In IE the boxes on my site ( http://www.ryanspahn.net ) are how I want
> > them to be. In FireFox unfortunately...

> You have much worse problems than a box being a few pixels off. The page
> is a wreck when JavaScript is disabled.

I get no nav links at all with JS disabled, which I agree is very bad.

chaser7016 01-03-2007 01:24 AM

Re: box positioning issues and different version IE 6 problem

Thanks for the comments and i know the site is riddled with
JScript...is there any other solution. Im creating a one page website
where each menu tab contains more information, no scrolling its all in
your face.

Anyone have any other suggestion on how to accomplish this sans
Javascript?