Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t391520-need-some-help-fixing-some-html-and-css-problems.html)

Domino 11-05-2006 06:30 PM

Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

http://www.wrestlerratings.34sp.com/design2/newdesign/

Regarding the above web page, can anyone help me fix the below errors:

In Internet Explorer 7, when the mouse is over the 'Home' link, the entire
horizonal menu moves up a little.

In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the 'Links'
link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to the end of
the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division in FireFox
and Opera.

In Opera, whenever I put my cursor over a link the entire site gets smaller
and larger for a brief second - weird.

Thanks,

Domino.

Domino 11-05-2006 07:17 PM

Re: Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

"Domino" wrote
> http://www.wrestlerratings.34sp.com/design2/newdesign/

> In Internet Explorer 7, when the mouse is over the 'Home' link, the entire
> horizonal menu moves up a little.

fixed this.

> In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
> 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
> the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
> in FireFox and Opera.

still need help fixing this.

Domino 11-05-2006 07:35 PM

Re: Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

>> In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
>> 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
>> the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
>> in FireFox and Opera.

Ok fixed this now. Ignore this thread.

dorayme 11-05-2006 09:14 PM

Re: Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

In article <o2r3h.168466$3D1.48670@fe3.news.blueyonder.co.uk> ,
"Domino" <Domino@ddaec.caom> wrote:

> >> In FireFox and Opera, the horizonal menu's background ends after the
> >> 'Links' link, whereas in Internet Explorer 7 the background continues to
> >> the end of the division. I want it to continue to the end of the division
> >> in FireFox and Opera.

> Ok fixed this now. Ignore this thread.

You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
alt.html...

--
dorayme

Jukka K. Korpela 11-05-2006 09:42 PM

Re: Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

Scripsit dorayme:

> You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
> alt.html...

Indeed. From a posting style consisting of a description of one's problems
and later comments that just tell they were solved, with no hint of _how_
they were solved, indicates willingness to use the group as a helpdesk and
lack of interest in posting things that others might benefit from.

So it's a somewhat longish but effective way of spelling "plonk me!"

--
Jukka K. Korpela ("Yucca")
http://www.cs.tut.fi/~jkorpela/

dorayme 11-05-2006 09:58 PM

Re: Need some help fixing some HTML and CSS problems

In article <gUs3h.46150$zP5.24065@reader1.news.jippii.net>,
"Jukka K. Korpela" <jkorpela@cs.tut.fi> wrote:

> Scripsit dorayme:
>
> > You can see from this thread how effective it is to post to
> > alt.html...

> Indeed. From a posting style consisting of a description of one's problems
> and later comments that just tell they were solved, with no hint of _how_
> they were solved, indicates willingness to use the group as a helpdesk and
> lack of interest in posting things that others might benefit from.
>
> So it's a somewhat longish but effective way of spelling "plonk me!"

Perhaps. But there is another view one can take: OP was being
merciful in not going into it. Is that not to be encouraged?

<g>

--
dorayme