Velocity Reviews

-   -   Missing font-symbols in jdeveloper (double quotes) on Linux (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t391036-missing-font-symbols-in-jdeveloper-double-quotes-on-linux.html)

Ben Engbers 02-22-2007 10:55 AM

Missing font-symbols in jdeveloper (double quotes) on Linux

Hi,

Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.

All other applications accept the keyboard-input

Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".

Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Ben

Lew 02-22-2007 01:41 PM

Re: Missing font-symbols in jdeveloper (double quotes) on Linux

Ben Engbers wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
> was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>
> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>
> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>
> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?

Are you certain the problem is with a missing font symbol? One would think
that would prevent copy-paste from working. It looks from here more like an
input problem.

Are there JDeveloper forums?

- Lew

Ben Engbers 02-22-2007 02:14 PM

Ben Engbers schreef:
> Hi,
>
> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that it
> was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>
> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>
> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>
> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
>
> Ben

After I noticed that I also couldn't use the caret(~), I switched the
keyboard from US International to US English.
This solved the problem

Ben

Lars Enderin 02-22-2007 06:41 PM

Ben Engbers skrev:
> Ben Engbers schreef:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Sometime ago I installed jdev9052 on my Fedora laptop. I noticed that
>> it was not possible to insert a double quote (") with the keyboard.
>> The only way to get a " is with copy/paste.
>>
>> All other applications accept the keyboard-input
>>
>> Today I installed jdev1013 and again I have the same problem with the ".
>>
>> Does anyone have a clue on how to fix this?
>>
>> Ben

> After I noticed that I also couldn't use the caret(~), I switched the

"~" is not a caret. "^" is.