Velocity Reviews

-   -   need help finding a nice java network programming project (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t390635-need-help-finding-a-nice-java-network-programming-project.html)

jaialai technology 02-05-2007 06:51 PM

need help finding a nice java network programming project

This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
Thanks!

Patrick May 02-05-2007 07:04 PM

Re: need help finding a nice java network programming project

"jaialai technology" <jaialai.technology@gmail.com> writes:
> This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that
> involves networking or networking protocols or networking design
> that could be done over the course of 4-9 weeks?

Depending on the level of the class, you might want to consider
implementing a compute grid using Jini and JavaSpaces
(http://www.jini.org). You could start with a simple master-worker
pattern and work up to generic workers executing behavior passed via
the JavaSpace and sharing interim results.

Regards,

Patrick

S P Engineering, Inc. | Large scale, mission-critical, distributed OO
pjm@spe.com | (C++, Java, Common Lisp, Jini, middleware, SOA)

Corona4456 02-05-2007 07:54 PM

Re: need help finding a nice java network programming project

On Feb 5, 11:51 am, "jaialai technology"
<jaialai.technol...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
> networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
> done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
> Thanks!

My project in school was an instant messenger which covers the
subjects you described.

Brandon McCombs 02-06-2007 05:04 AM

jaialai technology wrote:
> This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
> networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
> done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
> Thanks!

create the next P2P app; we need another one that the RIAA/MPAA can sue :)

Sanjay 02-07-2007 01:57 AM

jaialai technology wrote:
> This is for a class. Can anyone recommend a nice project that involves
> networking or networking protocols or networking design that could be
> done over the course of 4-9 weeks?
> Thanks!

a web/file server