Velocity Reviews

-   -   1 computer 'network' Wireless vs Fishooking cable (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t3904-1-computer-network-wireless-vs-fishooking-cable.html)

Brian 06-20-2004 01:49 AM

1 computer 'network' Wireless vs Fishooking cable

6/19/04

I need to connect my PC to my cable outlet more safely than it is now. The
closest cable outlet is accross a short hall from the room were my computer
is located(AMD 1Ghz, XP Pro, Kerio 4.0, 512 MB, 160GB total disk space). The
cable is stretched across the hall, covered with a throw rug. In the past
I've found someone to fishhoo the cable under/around/thru/over/behind
carpet, molding and walls. Finding someone with the tools and the skill to
do this well is a problem.

Using a wireless router seems like the best solution to me. I've located a
SOYO 802.11g wireless router, and a netgear adapter that I can afford.

Can someone point to a page of instructions on setting this up. I'm new to
wireless, but skilled with computers & software. A link on how to's for
security and firewall recommendations would also be appreciated.

Thanks for Any Help.

Brian

Jack 06-20-2004 03:21 AM

Re: 1 computer 'network' Wireless vs Fishooking cable

Hi.

May be this can Help:

Jack (MVP - Networking).

Papa 06-21-2004 08:11 PM

Re: 1 computer 'network' Wireless vs Fishooking cable

www.practicallynetworked.com