Velocity Reviews

-   -   JBoss User info from portlet (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t389584-jboss-user-info-from-portlet.html)

priyom 12-21-2006 11:24 AM

JBoss User info from portlet

Hi,

Inside a portlet is there any way to gather the portal login user
information?
I want to have access to the User name, email, etc of the user
registered with the portal.
Even read only information will do.

Regards,
Priyom Sarkar

wesley.hall@gmail.com 12-21-2006 11:33 AM

Re: JBoss User info from portlet

priyom wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Inside a portlet is there any way to gather the portal login user
> information?
> I want to have access to the User name, email, etc of the user
> registered with the portal.
> Even read only information will do.
>
> Regards,
> Priyom Sarkar

Priyom,

Yes, the portlet specification provides a mechanism to provide portal
user information to individual portlets. Download the portlet
specification and read the section entitled "User Information".

The solution involves mapping JBoss specific values to generic values
and using the PortletRequest to access them. So you will also need to
know how JBoss provides these values to the container. I would think
this would be in the JBoss portal docs.