Velocity Reviews

-   -   Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring) (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t389306-error-occurred-during-initialization-of-vm-java-lang-noclassdeffounderror-java-lang-object-ant-tomcat-spring.html)

courtney.machi@gmail.com 12-08-2006 07:37 PM

Error occurred during initialization of VM java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object (ant/tomcat/spring)

Hi,

I've been trying to get Spring working with ant and tomcat. Ant was
building just fine, but I came in today and tried to build it and got
this:

java/lang/NoClassDefFoundError: java/lang/Object

?!?! Makes no sense to me. There _is_ an older version of java
installed on my machine; but JAVA_HOME and ANT_HOME are set to the
correct paths, and <which java>and <java -version> produce the correct
version.

Any help would greatly alleviate my frustration! Thanks in advance...

Courtney