Velocity Reviews

-   -   List of country names (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t388261-list-of-country-names.html)

tungchau81@yahoo.com 11-01-2006 07:51 PM

List of country names

Hi,
How do I get a list of all country names in this world in Java?

Thanks in advance,
Tung Chau

tungchau81@yahoo.com 11-01-2006 07:58 PM

Re: List of country names

I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
function.

Regards,
Tung Chau

Ben_ 11-01-2006 08:17 PM

Re: List of country names

Tried Locale.getISOCountries() and Locale.getDisplayCountry(Locale inLocale)
?

Thomas Weidenfeller 11-02-2006 09:36 AM

Re: List of country names

tungchau81@yahoo.com wrote:
> I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
> same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
> function.

Buy the ISO standards? Google for a list?

/Thomas
--
The comp.lang.java.gui FAQ:
http://gd.tuwien.ac.at/faqs/faqs-hie...lang.java.gui/

Dag Sunde 11-02-2006 09:47 AM

Re: List of country names

Thomas Weidenfeller wrote:
> tungchau81@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I meant how I can get a list of all country names in this world the
>> same way Locale class did for languages in Locale.getISOLanguages()
>> function.

> Buy the ISO standards? Google for a list?

....or search for it?
http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv.../list-en1.html

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...-en1-semic.txt

http://www.iso.org/iso/en/prods-serv...6-1_xml_en.zip

--
Dag.

Ben_ 11-03-2006 02:26 PM

Re: List of country names

It's indeed a way to get a list of countries, but the OP asks if it's
possible "the same way Locale class did for languages".