Velocity Reviews

-   -   IE browser crash when loading applet of jdk1.5.0_09 (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t388028-ie-browser-crash-when-loading-applet-of-jdk1-5-0_09-a.html)

emukang 10-24-2006 10:47 AM

IE browser crash when loading applet of jdk1.5.0_09

hello,

I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
1.5.0_09. In my application, there are several tabs, one of them will
load an applet.

The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash. But if I wait
until the applet loading is finished, then change to another tab, then
the crash problem will not happen.

This problem does not occur when I use the jdk 1.4.

So my question is: is it a bug of jdk1.5, or a bug of my applet? Please
tell me how to solve it.

Thank you.

Andrew Thompson 10-24-2006 10:16 PM

Re: IE browser crash when loading applet of jdk1.5.0_09

emukang wrote:
> I runned my web application on tomcat 5.0, and my jdk version is
> 1.5.0_09. In my application,

The 'application' being what exactly? IE? the web-application?

>...there are several tabs,

Tabs?

>....one of them will
> load an applet.

In the 'tab'? If so, what exactly are you talking about?

Do you have an URL for us?
Does the same applet crash applet viewer? FireFox?

> The problem is that: during the applet loading, if I switch to another
> tab in the application, then the IE browser will crash.

<DWS>
What did MicroSoft have to say about that?
</DWS>

Andrew T.