Velocity Reviews

-   -   Membership and Role Providers - users got duplicated (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t386946-membership-and-role-providers-users-got-duplicated.html)

awrigley@yahoo.com 02-20-2007 04:35 PM

Membership and Role Providers - users got duplicated

Hi

An app that was chuntering away quite happily to itself had roles
added to it. Just two: Admins and Subscribers.

However, I seem to have mucked up when assigning the role provider in
the Web.config file, as I just left the default, whereas in members,
this was modified to use our online database (details below).

The pernicious effect was two fold:

1. The system stopped recognizing passwords and logins.
2. It seems that all the users got duplicated.

As we are only at the testing stage, this is no bother, just delete
'em all. But I am a bit jittery about going live.

Does anyone know / suspect what happened?

I now have the following entries in the web config file:

<membership defaultProvider="WSMembershipProvider">
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlMembershipProvider"/>
<add
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
enablePasswordRetrieval="false"
enablePasswordReset="true"
requiresQuestionAndAnswer="true"
applicationName="/dawnay"
requiresUniqueEmail="true"
passwordFormat="Hashed"
maxInvalidPasswordAttempts="5"
minRequiredPasswordLength="7"
minRequiredNonalphanumericCharacters="0"
passwordAttemptWindow="10"
passwordStrengthRegularExpression=""
name="WSMembershipProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlMembershipProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a"/>
</providers>
</membership>
<roleManager
enabled="true"
defaultProvider="WSRoleProvider">
<providers>
<remove name="AspNetSqlRoleProvider"/>
<remove name="AspNetWindowsTokenRoleProvider"/>
<add
connectionStringName="LocalSqlServer"
applicationName="/dawnay"
name="WSRoleProvider"
type="System.Web.Security.SqlRoleProvider, System.Web,
Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a" />
</providers>
</roleManager>