Velocity Reviews

-   -   Determine app pool from code (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t386045-determine-app-pool-from-code.html)

Steve Lynch 02-01-2007 12:34 AM

Determine app pool from code

Is there a way to check from within the code which application pool is being
used? I want to include the name of the current app pool in the tracing output.

Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?= 02-01-2007 01:39 AM

RE: Determine app pool from code

Since the application pool is already predetermined by the settings in IIS,
you should already know this information.
Peter

--
Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net

Steve Lynch 02-04-2007 04:23 AM

Re: Determine app pool from code

Thank you Captain Obvious. If you don't know the answer to a question then
don't post a useless reply.

I don't always have access to IIS Manager. If I'm not an administrator of
the web server, or it is at a customer site behind a firewall and all I have
access to is port 80 or 443 I would like an easy way to get this app pool
included in trace outputs and log files.

"Peter Bromberg [C# MVP]" <pbromberg@yahoo.yabbadabbadoo.com> wrote in
message news:F651AD75-7AD0-4168-9D74-4D91EA1DC7A4@microsoft.com...
> Since the application pool is already predetermined by the settings in
> IIS,
> you should already know this information.
> Peter
>
> --
> Site: http://www.eggheadcafe.com
> Short urls & more: http://ittyurl.net
>

> "Steve Lynch" wrote:
>

>> Is there a way to check from within the code which application pool is
>> being
>> used? I want to include the name of the current app pool in the tracing
>> output.
>>
>> Thanks!

=?Utf-8?B?UGV0ZXIgQnJvbWJlcmcgW0MjIE1WUF0=?= 02-04-2007 12:54 PM

Re: Determine app pool from code

Thanks for the compliment, First Mate Oblivious! A quick search on google
would have shown that my buddy and fellow MVP Rick Strahl has a solution to
your issue:

http://west-wind.com/WebLog/posts/10181.aspx

Cheers,
Peter