Velocity Reviews

-   -   Need Help: IP pckts w/IP length field value that is bigger than the real frame size (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t38493-need-help-ip-pckts-w-ip-length-field-value-that-is-bigger-than-the-real-frame-size.html)

algoral_2000 03-31-2005 11:28 PM

Need Help: IP pckts w/IP length field value that is bigger than the real frame size

I'm experiencing the following problem with setup of my switch:
I need to setup my switch the way it will drop IP packets with
unmatched length and the length value in the IP header.
The work around described in your IOS release documentation CSCdp58360
seems to have no effect.
- Cathalyst 3550
- IOS Ver. 12.1(19)
- Cisco Express Forwarding (CEF) switching Disabled on the input
interface
Is there any way to make 3550 dropping the wrong frames insteady
forwarding them padded or unpadded?