Velocity Reviews

-   -   How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltip contents has to be determine @ run-time ! (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t384879-how-could-i-add-a-tooltip-to-an-iframe-also-the-tooltip-contents-has-to-be-determine-run-time.html)

Radu 01-08-2007 03:57 PM

How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltip contents has to be determine @ run-time !

Hi.

1. OnLoad I populate a <select... html control with the doc files in
some folder.

2. The user selects one of the files in the combo, and

3. In an IFRAME I show a preview of the selected word document.

All those word docs also have lots of custom properties I would like to
show somehow. I have a function which reads them nicely, and I can see
them in a multiline text-box - problem is that there's no more
real-estate on the screen for the text-box (I want to reserve as much
space as possible for the preview in the IFRAME), so I'd like to create
a tooltip (JSCRIPT, maybe) which I could populate at run time with the
result of my function (the custom properties) and attach that
multi-line tooltip to the iframe.

Do you have any ideas ?

(PS. Also, the IFRAME has no onMouseover, onMouseout events !)

Thank you very much !
Alex.

Bruce Barker 01-08-2007 04:11 PM

Re: How could I add a tooltip to an iframe ? Also, the tooltipcontents has to be determine @ run-time !

Put the iframe in a div and attach the javascript to the div.

-- bruce (sqlwork.com)

On 1/8/07 7:57 AM, in article
1168271823.993912.23590@v33g2000cwv.googlegroups.c om, "Radu"