Velocity Reviews

-   -   IsInRole does not work as expected (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t384804-isinrole-does-not-work-as-expected.html)

=?Utf-8?B?dmluZWV0YmF0dGE=?= 01-06-2007 09:48 AM

IsInRole does not work as expected

Hi,

I created a local group on server and added my self to that group.

I am using the following code in my web page to check the membership of the
loggedin user against the Windows group on the same server.

User.IsInRole(@'MachineName\groupName') . The above always return me false.
If i restart my machine then this returns true. Any clue why?

MachineName - is same as the server name on which the code is being run.

Windows Authentication is enabled and i checked the User.Identity and that
is coming correct and as expected. Subsequently i want to extend this to
check for some thing like DOMAIN\WINDOWSGROUP.

Thanks in advance.

--
MCAD
Vineet Batta

=?Utf-8?B?dmluZWV0YmF0dGE=?= 01-06-2007 10:27 AM

RE: IsInRole does not work as expected

Even on restart of machine it return false. Any pointers?

--
MCAD
Vineet Batta