Velocity Reviews

-   -   Re: Sending very large files from server to server (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t384363-re-sending-very-large-files-from-server-to-server.html)

Mark Rae 12-26-2006 07:14 PM

"???? ???????" <@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> Is ftp (client in code) enough reliable to send such large files?

The short answer is yes.

Presumably, you don't expect the user to sit and wait while the file is
sent, so ASP.NET is probably not the right technology to house this, though
you could most certainly use an ASP.NET page to kick the process off...

If these are your own servers, I would be looking at a Windows service to do
this...

=?Utf-8?B?15nXldeg15kg15LXldec15PXkdeo15I=?= 12-27-2006 08:45 AM

Re: Sending very large files from server to server

What do u mean "window service"? speific one or developing new one?
What benefits it has over FTP?
Thanks.

Mark Rae 12-27-2006 10:03 AM

> What do u mean "window service"? speific one or developing new one?

By "Windows service" I mean a service that runs under Windows - in this
case, developing a new one.

> What benefits it has over FTP?

??? The service will use FTP to transfer the files.

But, since it's a Windows service, it will be separate from the World Wide
Web Publishing service.