Velocity Reviews

-   -   Updating 3 interdependant dropdowns using ajax (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t383912-updating-3-interdependant-dropdowns-using-ajax.html)

Stimp 12-13-2006 08:46 PM

Updating 3 interdependant dropdowns using ajax

I have 3 dropdowns: country, county and district.

I'm using ajax to dynamically populate the county and district dropdowns
when country dropdown is changed (and similarly the district dropdown when
county is changed).

This works fine, but unfortunately when I reload the page (via pressing a
button on the page), the county and district lists are emptied (obviously
because they haven't been stored in viewstate, etc)

I'm wrecking my head trying to come up with an elegant solution to this.
Any suggestions?

Thanks !
Peter
--

fiddlewidawiddum

Stimp 12-14-2006 12:05 AM

Re: Updating 3 interdependant dropdowns using ajax

> Stimp,
> This is one of the problems with the use of the "AJAX" buzzword; nobody
> knows "which" Framwork / tool you are using to do your "AJAX-ing.
>
> The anthem.net framework, which is an open source "AJAX" library is
> available on sourceforge.net and one of the provided example pages in it does
> exactly what you describe, if that helps.
> Peter

Interesting, I wasn't aware of any such libraries (except Atlas
obviously!) ... I'll check it out.

I'm not actually using any framework/tool to do the ajax. I've created
my own ajax javascript code.

--

fiddlewidawiddum