Velocity Reviews

-   -   Displaying a UTC date-time from DB in local-time in a GridView (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t383230-displaying-a-utc-date-time-from-db-in-local-time-in-a-gridview.html)

Kevin Frey 11-30-2006 03:18 AM

Displaying a UTC date-time from DB in local-time in a GridView

Our database stores all date-time values in UTC format. When I display this
data in a GridView (using a HyperLinkField) I'd like to display the
equivalent local-time instead.

It seems to me that this would have been trivially easy if there was a
formatting string that would make the conversion prior to formatting. But
alas there appears to be no such capability.

Without this approach, I'm not sure where I would inject the "ToLocalTime"
conversion.

Can anyone suggest how to do this?