Velocity Reviews

-   -   OSPF Routing (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t38298-ospf-routing.html)

Shane Malden 03-19-2005 01:22 PM

OSPF Routing

Hi, just a quick question. Could someone point me in the right direction of
where i can get commands associated with OSPF routing. What I would like to
do is filter out some RIP routes when redistributing into OSPF. Is this a
RIP or OSPF command?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Shane

Ivan Ostreš 03-19-2005 02:14 PM

Re: OSPF Routing

In article <ZHV_d.3900$C7.162@news-server.bigpond.net.au>,
shane@nedlam.com says...
> Hi, just a quick question. Could someone point me in the right direction of
> where i can get commands associated with OSPF routing. What I would like to
> do is filter out some RIP routes when redistributing into OSPF. Is this a
> RIP or OSPF command?
>
> Any help greatly appreciated.

It is a 'redistribute' command under OSPF process. One of the things you
can add is a route-map which can select which routes would you like to
redistribute and which not. Like this:

r1(config)#access-list 1 permit 192.168.1.0
r1(config)#
r1(config)#route-map rip2ospf permit 10
r1(config-route-map)#match ip address 1
r1(config-route-map)#exit
r1(config)#
r1(config)#router ospf 1
r1(config-router)#redistribute rip metric 10 route-map rip2ospf subnets
r1(config-router)#

HTH,

--
-Ivan.