Velocity Reviews

-   -   [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t382290-ie-yes-opera-yes-mozilla-no-error-on-postback-and-validation.html)

teo 11-10-2006 08:27 PM

[IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

Mozilla error on postback and validation

-----------

A Button causes a Listbox to desappear.

If no item has been selected on the Listbox,
all is OK.

If one or more items are selected,
I receive the following error
(about postback and validation)

Note:
on IE is all OK,
on Opera is all OK,
on Mozilla (1.5.0.1) I get the Error

Is it bug of Mozilla?
How can I avoid that?

--------------------

This is the error:

Exception Details: System.ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback
argument. Event validation is enabled using <pages
enableEventValidation="true"/> in configuration or <%@ Page
EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For security purposes, this
feature verifies that arguments to postback or callback events originate
from the server control that originally rendered them. If the data is
valid and expected, use the ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation
method in order to register the postback or callback data for validation.

---------------

This is the stack trace:

[ArgumentException: Invalid postback or callback argument. Event
validation is enabled using <pages enableEventValidation="true"/> in
configuration or <%@ Page EnableEventValidation="true" %> in a page. For
security purposes, this feature verifies that arguments to postback or
callback events originate from the server control that originally rendered
them. If the data is valid and expected, use the
ClientScriptManager.RegisterForEventValidation method in order to register
the postback or callback data for validation.]
System.Web.UI.ClientScriptManager.ValidateEvent(St ring uniqueId, String
argument) +2082588
System.Web.UI.Control.ValidateEvent(String uniqueID, String
eventArgument) +106
System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox.LoadPostData(Str ing postDataKey,
NameValueCollection postCollection) +274

System.Web.UI.WebControls.ListBox.System.Web.UI.IP ostBackDataHandler.LoadPostData(String
postDataKey, NameValueCollection postCollection) +11
System.Web.UI.Page.ProcessPostData(NameValueCollec tion postData, Boolean
fBeforeLoad) +408
includeStagesBeforeAsyncPoint, Boolean includeStagesAfterAsyncPoint) +3776

seigo 11-10-2006 10:08 PM

Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

Hi,

You can set enableEventValidation="false" in page directive.

Alexander Kleshchevnikov
www.klalex.com

"""teo ΠΙΣΑΜ(Α):
"""

teo 11-11-2006 12:00 AM

Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

>You can set enableEventValidation="false" in page directive.
>
>Alexander Kleshchevnikov
>www.klalex.com

I can't, it's too dangerous.

dhanaseelanr@gmail.com 11-11-2006 04:53 AM

Re: [IE: Yes Opera:Yes Mozilla:No] : Error on Postback and Validation

hello friend,

i am also got this same issue but i dont know how to resolve this issue

in my case Opera and Mozilla didnt get error but i got this error from
IE ,
if u get solution for this issue please inform me .....

Thanks and Regards
Dhanaseelan R