Velocity Reviews

-   -   350 client adapter - does it work with SSID broadcast off at the AP? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t38174-350-client-adapter-does-it-work-with-ssid-broadcast-off-at-the-ap.html)

Peter 03-11-2005 09:14 PM

350 client adapter - does it work with SSID broadcast off at the AP?

If I turn off SSID broadcast at the router (a Draytek 2900) the
connection drops within seconds. If I turn it back on, the connection
is re-established.

I have seen various issues with this when initially configuring wifi
networks (often it isn't possible to get things working unless SSID is
initially enabled) but I haven't seen this behaviour on any client
yet.

I realise it isn't a particularly worthwhile security feature...

Peter.
E-mail replies to peter1234@peter2000XY.co.uk but remove the X and the Y.

Uli Link 03-11-2005 10:31 PM

Re: 350 client adapter - does it work with SSID broadcast off atthe AP?

The 350 clients works with 'hidden' SSID, tested on various APs from
different brands under different O/S.

--
Uli

These opinions are mine. All found typos are yours.