Velocity Reviews

-   -   Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t381615-login-controls-force-user-to-change-password-at-next-login.html)

pj 10-30-2006 11:07 PM

Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

I'm using asp.net 2.0 login controls, When a user forgets a password,
they are sent an email with the new password. Two questions....

1) how do I format the password that is being created to be only
letters and numbers? Not something like "e%QtT6.Eja%XNG"

2) how do I redirect users to a change password page, next time they
login with the new password sent to them via email?

thanks is advance for any assitance,

pj,
mcdba, mcp

=?Utf-8?B?QW1lZXQgUGhhZG5pcyhlIFRlayBHbG9iYWwgSW5jLik=?= 10-30-2006 11:54 PM

RE: Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

Check if the following link helps you out -

http://www.123aspx.com/redir.aspx?res=34519

Most of the changes can be done in the Web.Config file itself.

Thanks,
--
Ameet Phadnis
Sr. Technical Consultant

pj 10-31-2006 12:16 AM

Re: Login Controls - Force user to change password at next login

OK, I can follow that article, but still: