Velocity Reviews

-   -   100% and wider? (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t380899-100-and-wider.html)

Edwin Knoppert 10-17-2006 09:13 AM

100% and wider?

I have a textbox and have set it's width to 100%.
The textbox resides in a usercontrol but in this case i want to force the
size of the textbox let's say 500px or 100%
So if it can't fill the pagewidth (100%) a minimal size of 500px must be
enforced.

I know it can cluther the page, that is not important for that moment.

Kevin Spencer 10-17-2006 12:12 PM

Re: 100% and wider?

You can set 2 CSS styles for the textbox: min-width and width. Example:

<form method="post" action="">
<input name="Text1" type="text" style="width: 100%; min-width:500px;"
/></div>
</form>

If you set the width of the div to less than 500 px, it will have a scroll
bar, and the text box inside it will be 500 px wide.

--
HTH,

Kevin Spencer
Microsoft MVP
Chicken Salad Shooter
http://unclechutney.blogspot.com

A man, a plan, a canal, a palindrome that has.. oh, never mind.

news:45349f74$0$2029$ba620dc5@text.nova.planet.nl. ..