Velocity Reviews

-   -   Open Multiple New Browser Windows from ASP.NET (http://www.velocityreviews.com/forums/t380005-open-multiple-new-browser-windows-from-asp-net.html)

dnes 10-02-2006 08:42 PM

Open Multiple New Browser Windows from ASP.NET

Open Multiple New Browser Windows from ASP.NET

I'm having trouble figuring out how to open multiple new browser windows
(each one displaying something different). As you can see from the code
below, I have one ASP.NET page that has a foreach loop, and inside this
foreach loop, I was to spawn a new browser window using the second ASP.NET
page.

This doesn't work. Only the last time through the foreach loop causes a new
browser window to open. All other times through the loop don't open a new
browser window.

Would any one know how to make this work?

Page1.aspx

protected void LinkButtonGenerateMyGroup_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
{
int i = 0;
string from = ...;
string to = ...;

foreach (someobject in someobjects)
{
string sKey = "GenerateReport" + i.ToString();
string sScript = System.String.Empty;

i++;

// Tried but doesn't work
//sScript =
"window.open('Page2.aspx?from=MyGroups&usedates=tr ue&fromdate=" + from +
"&todate=" + to + "', '" + sKey + "',
'copyHistory=no,directories=no,location=no,menubar =no,resizable=yes,scrollba
rs=yes,status=no,toolbar=no');";
//Page.ClientScript.RegisterClientScriptBlock(this.G etType(), sKey,
sScript, true);

// Tried but doesn't work
//sScript =
"<script>window.open('Page2.aspx?from=MyGroups&use dates=true&fromdate=" +
from + "&todate=" + to + "', '" + sKey + "',
'copyHistory=no,directories=no,location=no,menubar =no,resizable=yes,scrollba
rs=yes,status=no,toolbar=no');</script>";
//Response.Write(sScript);
}
}

Page2.aspx

{

Response.Clear();
Response.ClearContent();
Response.ClearHeaders();
Response.AppendHeader("content-length", result.Length.ToString());
Response.ContentType = "Application/pdf";
Response.BinaryWrite(result);
Response.Flush();
Response.Close();
}

dnes 10-02-2006 10:59 PM

Re: Open Multiple New Browser Windows from ASP.NET

Here's a little more info.

Basically, I want the client-side JavaScript to execute, thereby opening the
new browser with Page2.aspx. Then, I want Page2's load event to fire.
Then, I want the next browser window to open and again fire Page2's load
event. And so on and so forth until the foreach loop in Page1.aspx is
complete.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!